Big Room House Feedback!

Hi everyone. if you all can help me by telling me what you think needs to be changed, that would be awesome!
I think that the mix really needs to be fixed, so if any of you are good at mixing and want to help me out, my Instagram is AugieKelliher

https://soundcloud.com/augiekelliher/boomboom/s-AAI6zdQtCEf

Main issue here for me is gain staging between the different elements of the track and a final mix sounding over-compressed and really too hot, especially in everything synth, sounding much louder that the drums. Re-balancing the all mix starting with the Kick and bass and then adding the synths & Fx elements should help to get a more cohesive mix in terms of levels.

Sound choice wise, I’m not sure about this cheap tune or 8 bit kind of synth introduced at 1:33, very contrasting with the other sounds and especially the piano which is a major element in this track.

Nice use of Fx to create tension & for the transitions, but again pay attention to level and not to compress everything. At 1:00 for example, that noise Fx is really loud and brings an unpleasant distorted sound.

Hope this helps :wink:

Thank you so much! I appreciate it!!!

1 Like