Bizarre Inc - Playing with Knives (Marc Atkins Remix)

Just wondering what u guys make of this?

NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD VIA SOUNDCLOUD (BELOW)

Bizarre Inc - Playing with Knives (Marc Atkins Remix) by djmarcatkins

I’m feeling it but i would have loved to have heard the piano riff jacked up a bit rather than just the original loop.

Nice use of the vocals

[quote]Japwow (08/05/2011)[hr]I’m feeling it but i would have loved to have heard the piano riff jacked up a bit rather than just the original loop.

Nice use of the vocals[/quote]

Hmmm interesting… how do u mean?

Do understand the comment by Japwow. The main element of the original track is kept intact in your remix.

You would have expected something new besides chopped vocals.

Besides that, I’m missing a big break between 3 and 4 minute mark.

[quote]daniaan (10/05/2011)[hr]Do understand the comment by Japwow. The main element of the original track is kept intact in your remix.

You would have expected something new besides chopped vocals.

Besides that, I’m missing a big break between 3 and 4 minute mark.[/quote]

I was thinking it’s dangerous to mess with a classic like this in the first place to be honest, so I worked with 2 rules;

Sometimes less is more

and

When the original is such a huge tune, don’t try and re-invent the wheel!

i.e.

Now available for download…

Bizarre Inc - Playing with Knives (Marc Atkins Remix) by djmarcatkins

Yea man, I can see this working on floors that appreciate classics.

Can I ask where you got the stems?

[quote]Kieran Mach (16/05/2011)[hr]Yea man, I can see this working on floors that appreciate classics.

Can I ask where you got the stems?[/quote]

The vocal is available on the net if u look hard enough. For the main bassline/synth I was listening to some sounds in a vengeance pack, it was just a stab type sound and I thought I reckognise that! The rest of the sounds, strings etc I recreated except one small sample from the original track.