Boys Noize/Justice Synth Sound

Hi everyone,

Just trying to get a little advice on creating the following synth sounds:

It drops at 1:07 and there’s a better example at 2:20

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0c0E_m8Pxg]Boys Noize - My Head (Para One Remix) - YouTube

Sounds like Justice also uses it in “Human After All” remix at 0:54

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98eZEFWchyQ]- YouTube

Someone has been looking for the same sound on another forum (What is this synth (Boys Noize - My Head)? - Sound Design Forum - KVR Audio) which is where I nicked the links above from, but no-one could seems to help. One guy replied saying its a ‘saw waveform with a fast lfo,’ but this is far too vague for my novice attempts. I am using Sylenth by the way.

Man - if anyone can help on this I’d really appreciate it. The synth combinations on the SA ‘French Electro’ tutorial don’t really fall into what I’m looking for. It sounds more like a seventies kind of sound…

I’ve tried a few combinations on Sylenth but am not really close yet.

Well - I’ve scoured the net and NO-ONE seems to have a clue on how to do it! As you can see, I’ve been having a conversation with myself on here, despite 28 views! I’m going to keep trying myself via Sylenth, but don’t hold your breath… :slight_smile:

i will do you up a video on this. its pretty simple!

bry

You star! I’ve been pulling my hair out for weeks about this! I’m trying to get into sound design and really struggling. This will really help me along.

im not sure when ill get round to doing the video so here is the sylenth preset in the meantime.

how close is that to what your looking for?

That is absolutely spot on! You won’t believe how long I’ve spent trying to get this sounding anything close to what you’ve managed to do in a few hours. Thank you very much indeed for your help with this.

Looking at the preset you’ve made I think my problem is that I tend to overcomplicate things when trying to build a sound from scratch. I’ve bought a book which should be arriving in the next few days called ‘The Dance Music Manual’ by Rick Snoman to try and help me, but I will be really interested in seeing how you build this up in the tech tip video.

Once again - thanks for this! I really appreciate it. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

[quote]wickedged (8/24/2009)[hr]That is absolutely spot on! You won’t believe how long I’ve spent trying to get this sounding anything close to what you’ve managed to do in a few hours.[/quote]

Bryan actually mad it in 86 seconds. It took longer to upload the preset. :hehe:

I definitely need to get cracking on the old sound design skills.

glad to be of help,

ill show you in the near future in a get that sound vid