Brian or Phil or any of you guys

help me i want this synth sound

yeh its nice i’d like to know that too…

Hey Jon,

I tryed for some time last night to recreate the patch on operator but couldn’t get it . Gotta ask the pro’s.

thats why i am asking bro, i am normally pretty good at getting my own sounds from synths but this one has stumped me

I honestly have no idea how this synth is programmed but it sounds to me like it’s backwards. It sounds like the song is closing back into one note rather than expanding out into a spectrum of notes and sounds… not sure if that makes much sense?

It sounds like a blown tube pulse wave… theres not much movement in the sound so im guessing its a sample… i think it could be off spectrasonics trilogy.

tied programming it but the unique distortion is hard to recreate.

[quote]phil johnston (11/6/2009)[hr]It sounds like a blown tube pulse wave… theres not much movement in the sound so im guessing its a sample… i think it could be off spectrasonics trilogy.

tied programming it but the unique distortion is hard to recreate.[/quote]

thanks guys will try your ideas out

“tied programming it but the unique distortion is hard to recreate.”

That’s definitely the sort of dedication that makes SA what it is…

Nice.

^^^^^ yes sure is, big thanks to phil for having a go at programming it bro :smiley:

Do some research to find out how to program a bassoon(which is a pulse wave fundamentally) and then use another osc to create a cymbal crash. I believe this is where the distortion is coming from. Also the as the synth peaks, you can hear the “bassoon” being dropped out while the crashes sustain/decay increases.

This Is as near as i got before things started sounding worse

sorry i’ll upload when sound cloud decides to work :slight_smile:

D.Ramirez is my fav producer. I think he is underrated. At anyrate, sounds to me like a pitched up square wave with tube distortion/fuzz/warmth and some bit reduction/fuzz. I’m a newb though soooo…

Just listened to your soundcloud version, pretty damn good. Mind telling us how you got yours?

As Phil has suggested, the synth is sample based and I would second that.

Ramirez uses Camel Audio Alchemy which is a sample manipulation synth.  I’d eat my hat if he didn’t make that synth line with Alchemy.

It is fecking wicked (and expensive) tool. 

http://www.camelaudio.com/Alchemy.php

Fisher - that is a good effort on your Soundcloud with Sylenth. 

Some nice tracks on there mate.

[quote]seandevoy (11/9/2009)[hr]As Phil has suggested, the synth is sample based and I would second that.

Ramirez uses Camel Audio Alchemy which is a sample manipulation synth. I’d eat my hat if he didn’t make that synth line with Alchemy.

It is fecking wicked (and expensive) tool.

http://www.camelaudio.com/Alchemy.php[/quote]

There’s a group buy on at the minute, 50% off!

Cheers,

Chris

this was my attempt with sylenth

Satur8 Sylenth by jon_fisher