Bryan / Phil

Hi fellas, think I’m getting there on this one, would appreciated some pointers from you both on how I can really finish it off. A remix of an old favourite of mine that never really got the 140bpm treatment from Van Dyk when he remixed it.br
br
[url]https://soundcloud.com/richard-hepworth-1/joker-jam-innocence-h-e-p-mix/s-TMKIb[/url]br
br
Posted this in the tunes section too, but not sure if you usually comment on there…

Chris, would also appreciate your input on this one, as you’re a trance man!

Yeah it defo sounds like something PVD would do on one of his more banging remixes.br
br
I think you are really missing the plucked stabs from his original mix. In your mix there are a lot of rhythms and sounds that are rolling over the top of each other with similar sonic characteristics and its hard to pick out what the focus is.br
br
On the original you had clearly defined stabby plucked chords and a soaring synthy lead melody… which gives you the contrast so you can pick out both easily.br
br
Try to sonically define the parts better with different attack and tonal characteristics.

[quote]phil johnston (31/12/2013)[hr]Yeah it defo sounds like something PVD would do on one of his more banging remixes.br
br
I think you are really missing the plucked stabs from his original mix. In your mix there are a lot of rhythms and sounds that are rolling over the top of each other with similar sonic characteristics and its hard to pick out what the focus is.br
br
On the original you had clearly defined stabby plucked chords and a soaring synthy lead melody… which gives you the contrast so you can pick out both easily.br
br
Try to sonically define the parts better with different attack and tonal characteristics.[/quotebr
br
Yeah see what you mean, i tried to EQ each part to bring out different frequencies to make them cut through the mix but the general sounds are quite similar. will try to change some of them