Bullying Djs!

sometimes i forgot that some Djs are impossible to deal. the ego factor of some duce bags is just unbelievable.

i been booked in this festival to Dj at a certain time. i showed up 30 min before to set my equipment and the first thing i hear from the Dj that was in the booth was.

yo ,just wanted to let u know i might take longer to finish my set.

I just didn’t say ****. and end up just trying to get the promoter to sort things out

I couldn’t get in touch with the promoter because the cellphone signal in the mountains are crap .

so after all i decided not to deal with this idiot .and let thing take his flow.

after almost and hour over his set the promoter showed up apologizing and asked me why i wasn’t Djing at my time slot.

the promoter kicked his *** out of the stage . and he got a bad reputation from my side and the promoters side.

some people don’t understand that being honest , and being respectful always help.

I sincerely wanted to beat his *** when he told me that he got like 20 tracks to mix when his time slot was 5 min over .

what about your experiences with this kind of Djs? have you ever had similar experiences? how would you deal in this situation if next time that happens ?

I understand the dude went way over his time limit, but you didn’t even ask him to cut it short? I mean, if you couldn’t get in touch with the promoter on his cell you could have mentioned to the guy that you wanted him out sooner or something, and he might have listened, right?

What festival was it by the way? just curious, sounds cool

i asked him twice to check his time slot but he kept answering in a smart *** way . so why would i tell him that ? obviously he was an obnoxious dude. and expecting a confrontation would be useless .

anyways i shouldn’t even asked him IMO .

I remember once I was playing a chillout room and after about an hour after U should have finished the promoter asked me why I was still on - I shrugged my shoulders saying no one had turned up

Eventually the guy was found he was tripping his face off :slight_smile:

[quote]slender (18/07/2011)[hr]I remember once I was playing a chillout room and after about an hour after U should have finished the promoter asked me why I was still on - I shrugged my shoulders saying no one had turned up

Eventually the guy was found he was tripping his face off :)[/quote]

Lol I think that was me :stuck_out_tongue:

My mate used to play all day / night in his gaff - then when it would come to going to a party, he’d have the perfect set - 100% worked out.

By the time he’d get to play, he’d be in another place altogether. He’d start counting to himself to get the next record ready… and y’d see him fogetting what came after 5/6/ erm… mmm… hhhmm… 8 eh… oh… no… erm…

He’d be sighing & blowiing throughout - then just give up. 

V funny watching meltdowns like that :smiley:

[quote]alinenunez (18/07/2011)[hr]i asked him twice to check his time slot but he kept answering in a smart *** way . so why would i tell him that ? obviously he was an obnoxious dude. and expecting a confrontation would be useless .
anyways i shouldn’t even asked him IMO .[/quote]

He sounds like a wanker. I think you are right, you really shouldn’t have to tell him to get off. Once you are there on time and you have made yourself known to him, it is his job to finish on time (ish).

yes some annoying people out there…

i usually tell them i expect the organizer to inform me about those things and as long he doesn’t tell me i start at my time…

You could always wack them over the head and nick their records or mac :slight_smile:

no wayyyy i let him stay up there for that long. DJs for some reason have this feeling like their set is always more important then the next guy’s set. i’ll never understand this… but it happens all the time. I’ve thrown so many DJs off the decks its not even funny.

I’d have given him 1 more song. and said get the f0ck off. if he didnt. i’d have gotten on the microphone and told the crowd that the guy thought he was the best DJ at the party and he deserved a longer time slot then the promoter gave him. see how that went over. hahahahahaha

i hate wankers like this guy. always thinking their tracks are the greatest. #jumpoffacliff

[quote]UnitedVision (18/07/2011)[hr]no wayyyy i let him stay up there for that long. DJs for some reason have this feeling like their set is always more important then the next guy’s set. i’ll never understand this… but it happens all the time. I’ve thrown so many DJs off the decks its not even funny.

I’d have given him 1 more song. and said get the f0ck off. if he didnt. i’d have gotten on the microphone and told the crowd that the guy thought he was the best DJ at the party and he deserved a longer time slot then the promoter gave him. see how that went over. hahahahahaha

i hate wankers like this guy. always thinking their tracks are the greatest. #jumpoffacliff[/quote]

But surely if you did that they would all say let him stay :P:D:hehe:

[quote]slender (18/07/2011)[hr][quote]UnitedVision (18/07/2011)[hr]no wayyyy i let him stay up there for that long. DJs for some reason have this feeling like their set is always more important then the next guy’s set. i’ll never understand this… but it happens all the time. I’ve thrown so many DJs off the decks its not even funny.

i hate wankers like this guy. always thinking their tracks are the greatest. #jumpoffacliff[/quote]

But surely if you did that they would all say let him stay :P:D:hehe:[/quote]

absolutely. cause my music is MUFF. lol. still would have been fun tho.

[quote]UnitedVision (18/07/2011)[hr][quote]slender (18/07/2011)[hr][quote]UnitedVision (18/07/2011)[hr]no wayyyy i let him stay up there for that long. DJs for some reason have this feeling like their set is always more important then the next guy’s set. i’ll never understand this… but it happens all the time. I’ve thrown so many DJs off the decks its not even funny.

[/quote]

Your vocabulary has truly deteriorated since you got into dubstep :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]slender (18/07/2011)[hr][quote]UnitedVision (18/07/2011)[hr]no wayyyy i let him stay up there for that long. DJs for some reason have this feeling like their set is always more important then the next guy’s set. i’ll never understand this… but it happens all the time. I’ve thrown so many DJs off the decks its not even funny.

lol funny ****!!

99% of those kinds of Djs that think that they are the **** play crappy ol Anthems

[quote]alinenunez (18/07/2011)[hr]

99% of those kinds of Djs that think that they are the **** play crappy ol Anthems[/quote]

You should not be so hard on yourself mate :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]slender (18/07/2011)[hr][quote]alinenunez (18/07/2011)[hr]

99% of those kinds of Djs that think that they are the **** play crappy ol Anthems[/quote]

You should not be so hard on yourself mate :P[/quote]

yeahh i definitely should let you play longer next time :P.

[quote]alinenunez (18/07/2011)[hr][quote]slender (18/07/2011)[hr][quote]alinenunez (18/07/2011)[hr]

You should not be so hard on yourself mate :P[/quote]

yeahh i definitely should let you play longer next time :P.[/quote]

Nah was not me - I would be the one surrounded by hot chicks in bikinis - they go for dark depressing techno - don’t you know :smiley:

[quote]slender (18/07/2011)[hr][quote]UnitedVision (18/07/2011)[hr][quote]slender (18/07/2011)[hr][quote]UnitedVision (18/07/2011)[hr]no wayyyy i let him stay up there for that long. DJs for some reason have this feeling like their set is always more important then the next guy’s set. i’ll never understand this… but it happens all the time. I’ve thrown so many DJs off the decks its not even funny.

[/quote]

Your vocabulary has truly deteriorated since you got into dubstep :P[/quote]

you know you like it when i talk dubby.