Cae / prc-mcps?

I’ve just been requested this from the label who are signing my latest track, can anyone shed some light as to what it is?

I’ve no idea what cae / prc-mcps is??

“can you provide me your cae number for rights agreement through prc-mcps please ?

Are you registered with prc-mcps as composer ?”

I’ve just recently registered with prs for music with the musicians union, is that anything to do with it?

Cheers in advance!

I guess no one else knows either haha.

Oh dear.

:alien:

This I knew:

MCPS - Mechanical Copyright Protection Society

This I Googled fro the PRS useful links page (link to it below):

PRC (Performer Registration Centre) is a division of PPL set up in 1997 following EC legislation which gave performers a legal right to a share in the income generated by PPL. Registration is free and performers are issued with a unique ID number so that they can be accurately linked with their recordings. Visit the PPL website for more details.

Help | PRS for Music

So, I’m guessing that the unique registration number is what you need.

So PRC is PRS? I hae a PRS membership number but wasn’t sure whether it was the same thing, very strange.

I’ll speak to the label and see if they know.

CAE No. is the your MCPAS/PRS Artist code number.

a label would only want this if they are trying to steal (administer) your publishing.

[quote]phil johnston (06/08/2010)[hr]CAE No. is the your MCPAS/PRS Artist code number.

a label would only want this if they are trying to steal (administer) your publishing.[/quote]

Oh dear…

I’ve already sent them my prs number :ermm: :unsure:

f*ck

most 50/50 deals include publishing now a days but theres no point unless they are actively “working” your tracks or have good TV connections etc.

you can self publish which just involves filling in your track submission forms.

I would ask about how actively they will be publishing your work.