Call to Arms!

Hi guys, I’ve recently entered a remix competition on Beatport and would love it if you would take a listen. It’s less than 5 mins long so wont take up to much of your time! :Dbr
br
The track should be at the bottom as part of my signature but if you follow this link then it will take you to the voting page.br
br
https://play.beatport.com/contests/sensation-the-ocean-of-white/52363c25b8ed7440182337c7br
br
All comments and feedback appreciated as always.br
br
Cheers guys :slight_smile:

Some nice ideas thou the track its self is really let down by the mix.

Thanks for your comments.br
br
When I created the track I was working on a laptop with just headphones as unfortunately my music room was off limits due to decorating :angry:br
br
I’ve since managed to listen to it on my HS80’s and agree with everything you say. The kick is seriously muddy and some of the other bits could have been better placed.br
br
I’m very happy with the arrangement of the track tho and this was the first remix comp that I had entered so I’ll put it down to a learning curve and move on to the next one! :Dbr
br

Would be interested in some help with the mix?br

I think I’m gonna have another go at mixing it later now that I’ve got access to my speakers and then if you feel like it still needs improving then I’m open to suggestions :smiley:

of course send me a pm when your done

i think u got some great ideas during the track but i think it is missing a nice bassline!br
the drums are nice and stuff but I cannot feel that fat drop!br

[quote]Clexxx (18/10/2013)[hr]i think u got some great ideas during the track but i think it is missing a nice bassline!br
the drums are nice and stuff but I cannot feel that fat drop!br
[/quote]br
br
Thanks for the feedback clexxx, thats one thing that I always struggle with tbh. I’m kinda getting my head around the leadlines but when it comes to basslines that’s when my eyes glaze over! lolbr
br
I suppose I could try using the bottom notes of my chord progression and see if that would beef it up a bit?

for a simple bassline just open up your standard synthesizer and use a sine wave for the bass. just adjust the attack and release and use bottom notes of your chord for example. many artist do it that way. br
give it a try.