Can any recommend some good movies?

I love movies but seem to ran out of new ones to watch on a regular basis, so maybe you guy can recommend some good ones :wink:

Sci Fi is my fav but also Horror, Action, Comedy… Any good undergroud movies I might have missed or such like u know would be ace :wink:

Just watched Mr Nobody last night, ok i know it came out last year

[url]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0485947/[/url]

As Gav knows I am a big fan off Asian cinema and if you can handle subtitles I could give you an endless stream

Aye! Slender is the man to see about an Asian dog! When it comes to Asian horror he’s the “bee’s japa…knees” <— that was a stretch! :stuck_out_tongue:

I watched “The Social Network” recently, really enjoyed it. Interesting story about the legal battle the Facebook creator went through to earn his billions! I was gripped!

Recent films I seen recently & enjoyed.

Gone Baby Gone.

No Country for old men.

Naked - by Mike Leigh, with David Thewlis

Dead Mans Shoes - AGAIN.

Also - the 1st Feature Length Episode of Battlestar Galactica. Have Series 1 on DVD from a Mate that I think I’m gonna watch. Its kinda dark. Theres a scene in it where a Cylon kills a Baby in a Pram. Bit fkd. :hehe:

Have to get Falling Down w.Michael Douglas. Havent stopped thinking about it since we were last talking about films.

hey bro have u seen District 9? also another good sci fi movie i watched recently was Dark City .

[quote]alinenunez (04/11/2010)[hr]hey bro have u seen District 9? also another good sci fi movie i watched recently was Dark City .[/quote]

I second that … District 9 was great!

think I’ll take a peak at mr nobody havent seen that, seen district 9, was pretty good, havent seen gone baby gone - time to fir up the trailers, seen most of the other, not to keen on reading as my eyes are not the best! even with contacts in so miss have to give the asian movies a miss :frowning:

i recently watched Get Him to the Greek. it was hillarious.

[quote]UnitedVision (04/11/2010)[hr]

i recently watched Get Him to the Greek. it was hillarious.[/quote]

yeah that was pretty good, I’m not a big russel brand fan but the role suited him well

when they were rubbing the fur walls I lost it.

I was chatting with a mate the other day and I could not think of a film this year thats worthy of a Best Film Nomination let alone a winner for the oscars next year - the oscars are not important to me but usually I can have a pretty good guess this time of year

I think its been a pretty poor year for GOOD films from Holywood - I am sure Inception will get nominated for a few catogries (personally I thought it was predictable but looked pretty) everything else has been a huge disappointment - which is why I turn to other parts of the world for my movie pleasure

Though I must say Skyline looks pretty cool and there are few actors I like in it so it may not be all bad

Oh for the record I would not watch russel brand - i like comedy :stuck_out_tongue:

Can we call them films please (east of the pond at least).

I saw district 9 and was bitterly disappointed. It wasn’t terrible, just wasn’t the gritty new spin on Sci-Fi I had been hoping for.

It ultimately had all the usual hallmarks of American invader films and a heavy handed message about racism/apartheid.

Have you seen inception yet? That’s pretty good.

Here are some film ramblings from me:

District 9 is excellent.

Predators is fun, Machete is awesome, Resident Evil 4 sucked, The Expendables was average, A Team was pretty good.

Dinner for Schmucks sucked, couldn’t watch it all.

Hot Tub Time Machine was hilarious. The Other Guys was av, Salt was pretty good.

The bounty hunter, Knight and Day and The Killers should be shot into the sun for eternity.

Edge of darkness was pretty good, Grown ups was not.

MacGruber sucked.

You might like Cloverfield, that was pretty good, bit old though.

Law abiding Citizen is a wicked payback film with a **** ending. Felon is another good gitty film.

Taken has to be one of the best revenge flicks I’ve seen in years.

The goods, live hard, sell hard as well as Zombieland are wicked black comedies.

Triangle is a great thinking film.

Crank 2 is the most stupid film I think I’ve ever seen, but I actually quite enjoyed it.

Transformers 2 is good if you like **** films.

Frankie Boyle live at the Apollo is quite simply the funniest thing I’ve ever seen.

End of the day, get some twilight in your life mate, it’s how true men should act.

@Bouffont - agree with Machette a great bloodfest mindless film, Law Abiding Citizen is also one of the best english speaking revenge films of recent times

I watched Piranha last night - which I quite enjoyed as it reminded me of those US cheap 70’s horror flicks - stupid plot, not frightening whatsoever - but it was funny seeing lots of college kids getting munched up by pretty scary piranhas

[quote]slender (05/11/2010)[hr]@Bouffont - agree with Machette a great bloodfest mindless film, Law Abiding Citizen is also one of the best english speaking revenge films of recent times

I watched Piranha last night - which I quite enjoyed as it reminded me of those US cheap 70’s horror flicks - stupid plot, not frightening whatsoever - but it was funny seeing lots of college kids getting munched up by pretty scary piranhas[/quote]

Plus I’m pretty sure I seen the outline of Kelly Brook’s ring piece! :cool:

Damn I’ll have to watch it over and over and over again :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d say if that ring could talk…

[quote]ICN (05/11/2010)[hr]I’d say if that ring could talk…[/quote]

it would have plenty of dirt! (pun intended)

Came across this today - WARNING language is pretty strong

[url]http://tv.gawker.com/5667748/the-most-ridiculous-edited+for+tv-movie-lines?skyline=true&s=i[/url]

Some i’ve seen lately:

From Paris With Love

Shutter Island

Clash of the Titans

Shutter Island was really good! So if you haven’t seen that then you should. I hear Inception is really good too, have heard nothing but awesome reviews on that, still to see it myself though.

I’ve got ‘The Experiment’ on dvd at the moment from Lovefilm.com and will be watching that soon, probably this weekend.