Can anyone help

working on a need web page, pretty much got it how I want it however for some reason wordpress is showing to home tabs in the nav bar.

I looked at the style sheet and I dont know enough to remove the extra tab.

Can anyone help??

Page is here http://www.waynefontaine.co.uk

I only see one in the nav bar, then the word ‘Home’ also in the top left of the first post, is that what you mean?

If you want to remove that one, it’ll be in the editor section in wordpress, then you need to find template for your article, and you’ll see something like <.h2>$wp_section_name<./h2> or similar.

[quote]bangthedj (13/12/2010)[hr]I only see one in the nav bar, then the word ‘Home’ also in the top left of the first post, is that what you mean?

If you want to remove that one, it’ll be in the editor section in wordpress, then you need to find template for your article, and you’ll see something like <.h2>$wp_section_name<./h2> or similar.[/quote]

managed to fix it mate :slight_smile:

But James, with your blog and all, can you give me any advice on building up and emailing contact list?

I’m quietly hanging in the background making notes :slight_smile:

Genuinely +1 :cool:

Not sure what you guys are expecting :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t actually have a mailing list associated with my site, but if I did then the simple answer would be to give people a good reason to join it - silly as that might sound.

Free music, exclusive stuff yadda yadda.

In a broader sense of getting people to your blog/site it’s all about two things: Content and content.

Good content should be the main focus always, key words and all that stuff comes later. As an example, one of the most read articles on my site is my review of the Traktor Kontrol S4, which I deliberately did the moment I heard about it knowing it would be big.

I also get a lot of hits from my review of Native Instruments’ The Mouth, again because I tried hard to get it up as quickly as possible with good info etc (subjective as that may be).

I have other content that should be more interesting (interview with DJ Qbert for example) that doesn’t get hit as much as it should, so I still need to work on these areas.

The other thing after content, and the area I need to work on is the basic leg work of getting your site out there, on other forums, social networking and so on. That’s the hard part, but I can point you to an excellent book which, if nothing else, gives you a pretty concise list of all the things you should be doing. It;s called ‘Crush It’ by Gary Vaynerchuck.

The other thing to do, depending on your goal, is to just reach out to people non stop, DJs, promoters, manufacturers whoever is useful to you.

I send emails weekly to all sorts of people who I might benefit from working with. I try and offer them something in return for my ask and just generally be polite and nice.

A good example of this is getting review kit, I’ve had all sorts of DJ equipment sent through to review, plus sample packs and software etc, and all that is from persistence and making it worth their while.

In fact that is probably the thing I spend most time doing, reaching out to industry bods and trying to make it worth their while to help me. It’s a scatter gun approach but its a numbers game, if I only get responses on 10% that’s still one good contact for 10 out going e-mails.

I’ve got a pair of HDJ500 headphones from Pioneer to give away based on this exact principle, which in turn makes for good content, something that isn’t just typical news or whatever.

If any of that is relevant, or makes any sense at all then I’ve done well. I’ve been writing all day today so my brain is on typing over drive, if its all bunk then apologies!

Either way I’m happy to share whatever info might be of use to anyone.

I just fired out a mailer to 413 contact - you can see what people got here if your interested: [url=http://us2.campaign-archive.com/?u=67d37a465dcac934c55ceb3d4&id=5731b7b77a]http://us2.campaign-archive.com/?u=67d37a465dcac934c55ceb3d4&id=5731b7b77a[/url]

I went therough my 400+ facebook contact and took the emails from the info!!! lol

I have a sign up form on all my pages (3 facebook pages, here, home page etc etc) so I’ll see how that goes…

Gonna read James post now…