Can we have the next tutorial in cubase :d

PLZ

booo! Nooo!

Cubase isn’t wired right! I’ve got logic and ableton live, i’ve watched all the tutorials here on sonic (including the cubase ones) and cubase isn’t very straight forward to follow. I still think ableton live is the easiest to follow out of all 3.

I have friends that brought cubase and sold it months after because they couldn’t get on with it and replaced it with Ableton live…

:wink:

[quote]djmarcatkins (14/12/2010)[hr]booo! Nooo!

Cubase isn’t wired right! I’ve got logic and ableton live, i’ve watched all the tutorials here on sonic (including the cubase ones) and cubase isn’t very straight forward to follow. I still think ableton live is the easiest to follow out of all 3.

I have friends that brought cubase and sold it months after because they couldn’t get on with it and replaced it with Ableton live…

[/quote]

who cares about your friends !! there is alot of people who makes music in Cubase. as a subscriber i have the right to request tutorials in that specific DAW .and if you dont want the tutorial to be in cubase . dont post inmature comments !!!

so yeahh would be nice to get more tutorials in Cubase if it is posible !!

Full Support!!

Everyone should have a little of what they want :slight_smile:

Tbh im all for every DAW being catered for however id rather set myself on fire than watching anything on Cubase. Seriously ive worked with cubase extensively and its the worst piece of **** program ever. I could understand people using it to make music with IF there werent much better alternatives. If your on a Mac then logic pisses all over Cubase even older versions of logic are better than the newest Cubase or even Nuendo which is just as ****ty. But my ultimate reccomendation goes to Ableton. This program is the dogs bollox it has everything and everything is muh simpler and quicker to do compared to cubase. In the time it takes you incubase to upload sylenth play a midi sequence and add some vst delay and reverb i would have finished half a track in Ableton. Seriously i know switching to another DAW can feel like climbing everest but in the long run i feel you would be muh happier. Also let me be blunt a switch from Cubase to ANY other DAW including Reason is a much better investment and use of your time.

[quote]jjdejong0 (15/12/2010)[hr]Tbh im all for every DAW being catered for however id rather set myself on fire than watching anything on Cubase. Seriously ive worked with cubase extensively and its the worst piece of **** program ever. I could understand people using it to make music with IF there werent much better alternatives. If your on a Mac then logic pisses all over Cubase even older versions of logic are better than the newest Cubase or even Nuendo which is just as ****ty. But my ultimate reccomendation goes to Ableton. This program is the dogs bollox it has everything and everything is muh simpler and quicker to do compared to cubase. In the time it takes you incubase to upload sylenth play a midi sequence and add some vst delay and reverb i would have finished half a track in Ableton. Seriously i know switching to another DAW can feel like climbing everest but in the long run i feel you would be muh happier. Also let me be blunt a switch from Cubase to ANY other DAW including Reason is a much better investment and use of your time.[/quote]

IMO is a waste of time to change of DAW. if you know how to sequence correctly in the DAW of your choice . for me I prefer to work on Cubase rather than Ableton or Logic. and this is because i already feel comfortable on cubase .

Like any other DAW out there of all them have their Pros and Cons. because Dj tiesto say that Frutyloops sucks doesnt mean that u cant make great productions on it :wink:

Very true mate i mean everyone is different and i guess where as i cant stand it some people feel really comfortable with cubase which is fair enough. I mean DAWs are alot like cars, give em a test drive and see which is best for YOU.

[quote]jjdejong0 (15/12/2010)[hr]Very true mate i mean everyone is different and i guess where as i cant stand it some people feel really comfortable with cubase which is fair enough. I mean DAWs are alot like cars, give em a test drive and see which is best for YOU.[/quote]

definitely . i might be that kind of guy who is is happy with his car as long it works and takes me whenever i want to go :slight_smile:

I am a fellow Cubase user and would like to see more vids in Cubase, but I also don’t have a problem with the ones that are in Ableton.  If you know the in’s and out’s of your DAW then you should be able to bring the concepts from the Ableton tutorials into Cubase. It has actually helped me learn more about Cubase then I would if I just followed Cubase tutorials because I sometimes have to figure out how to bridge the gap between the two.  I like Cubase for its mixing and mastering capablilities, but I think Ableton is better for the actual writing of the music.  I plan on buying Ableton over the holidays and using it to write my music and then transfer it over to Cubase to finalize the track. Also, I plan to DJ with Ableton once I’m finished my album. This is a definite bonus that Cubase can’t handle.

[quote]jbachjr78 (15/12/2010)[hr]I am a fellow Cubase user and would like to see more vids in Cubase, but I also don’t have a problem with the ones that are in Ableton. If you know the in’s and out’s of your DAW then you should be able to bring the concepts from the Ableton tutorials into Cubase. It has actually helped me learn more about Cubase then I would if I just followed Cubase tutorials because I sometimes have to figure out how to bridge the gap between the two. I like Cubase for its mixing and mastering capablilities, but I think Ableton is better for the actual writing of the music. I plan on buying Ableton over the holidays and using it to write my musicand then transfer itover to Cubase to finalize the track. Also, I plan to DJ with Ableton once I’m finished my album. This is a definite bonus that Cubase can’t handle.[/quote]

yeahh of course man . there is some limitations in any DAW. I have been Djing with ableton for almost 3 years. Ableton is an awesome DAW no doubt about it .

now !! i want the tutorials for a couple of reasons

1- one of the reasons that i subscribed to SA is because they offer Cubase tutorials .( especially when they are so many Online schools that focus their tutorials only in Ableton ).

2. even do i can know well Cubase . there is way of working around sounds. or would i call it shortcuts.

same goes for ableton users. u will see that phill always do something new that u never tought about it before …

so yeahh . I am not talking about how the limitation of a DAW are … or wich DAW’s are better!!!

this is just a simple Subscriber Request !!! :slight_smile:

[quote]jbachjr78 (15/12/2010)[hr]I am a fellow Cubase user and would like to see more vids in Cubase, but I also don’t have a problem with the ones that are in Ableton. If you know the in’s and out’s of your DAW then you should be able to bring the concepts from the Ableton tutorials into Cubase. It has actually helped me learn more about Cubase then I would if I just followed Cubase tutorials because I sometimes have to figure out how to bridge the gap between the two. I like Cubase for its mixing and mastering capablilities, but I think Ableton is better for the actual writing of the music. I plan on buying Ableton over the holidays and using it to write my musicand then transfer itover to Cubase to finalize the track. Also, I plan to DJ with Ableton once I’m finished my album. This is a definite bonus that Cubase can’t handle.[/quote]

for a while i was making stems in ableton and then transferring to cubase for arrangement/eq/compression/fx mixing and mastering

but kinda got fed up with that and now im back just using cubase all the time

ableton is ok for gettin stuff down quickly but i personally think the sounds i make sound better in cubase

ableton has stuf like drum racks etc but for me cubase is the better and i used to use ableton exclusively for productions

its good to be shown things in a daw and learn by transferring that to another daw

but sometimes its nice to be shown stuff in your own daw directly (there are features that you may not know about)

I completely understand and support your request. I also joined here for the Cubase tutorials. It’s hard to find any that aren’t in German. It wasn’t bad at first, but I haven’t seen a new Cubase tutorial in awhile. I almost left because of it, but the community here is so great that it makes it tough to leave. Also, the fact that I will be getting Ableton soon makes me want to stay. Unfortunately, I think we are the minority and we will probably not see this request granted. Maybe at the very least a forum can be created specifically for Cubase questions and tips. I’m sure Cubase isn’t the only DAW they are missing out on. I haven’t seen alot of Logic tuts or pro tools tuts either.

[quote]alinenunez (15/12/2010)[hr][quote]djmarcatkins (14/12/2010)[hr]booo! Nooo!

[/quote]

who cares about your friends !! there is alot of people who makes music in Cubase. as a subscriber i have the right to request tutorials in that specific DAW .and if you dont want the tutorial to be in cubase . dont post inmature comments !!!

[/quote]

Haha thought that might ruffle a few feathers!! “who cares about my friends” you say, well who cares about your request for tutorials in a particular DAW.

To be honest I don’t really care which application sonic use, as long as they use the easiest one for EVERYONE to follow, I find some areas of cubase, cubase specific which means you cannot transfer the principals from DAW to DAW and the layout of the interface and rooting not as easy to follow as the others.

Anyway I don’t think that sonic will or should listen to individual requests for this.

Oh and alinenunez when it comes to immature (note the spelling) who is stamping there feet and attempting to demand a tutorial on a specific Platform… NOT ME!

[quote]djmarcatkins (15/12/2010)[hr][quote]alinenunez (15/12/2010)[hr][quote]djmarcatkins (14/12/2010)[hr]booo! Nooo!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha thought that might ruffle a few feathers!! “who cares about my friends” you say, well who cares about your request for tutorials in a particular DAW.

To be honest I don’t really care which application sonic use, as long as they use the easiest one for EVERYONE to follow, I find some areas of cubase, cubase specific which means you cannot transfer the principals from DAW to DAW and the layout of the interface and rooting not as easy to follow as the others.

Anyway I don’t think that sonic will or should listen to individual requests for this.

Oh and alinenunez when it comes to immature (note the spelling) who is stamping there feet and attempting to demand a tutorial on a specific Platform… NOT ME![/quote]

everyone is entitled to their own opinions and i respect them . but posting Boo Noo!!!looks more like a disrespect rather than a just a negative comment .

English is not my main Language and of course my grammar might not be the best . but that doesn’t mean that i am going to tolerate some disrespectful idiot to insult me because i want a Tutorials in Cubase.

like i said before, this is me requesting something that i have the right to as a Subscriber . and if you don’t like it, then don’t post stupid **** !!!

And there I was thinking if you have a right to an opinion on this I should be able to have one too! Then again some people only want to listen to themselves and believe only their opinion counts. If, as u believe it’s your right as a subscriber to ask for this then it is mine as a subscriber to have my opinion and post my view. I can’t help it if u don’t like my opinion. Maybe I should start a thread praising Sonics use of ableton as it is the most straight forward for people to understand and long may this continue. Or perhaps I should put up a poll to see what everyone else thinks. Afterall it would be fairer to have the view of a majority than just one!

As for your pitiful attempt to put down my comments and your use of bad language (what’s this **** all about anyway? this by the way isn’t the first time I’ve seen u do this in Sonics forums) well this only shows how poor your opinion is!!!.. You won’t gain any respect here by calling someone a stupid ****!

@djMarcatkins

THIS IS WHAT U POSTED !!!

[quote]djmarcatkins (14/12/2010)[hr]booo! Nooo!

[/quote]

now you are telling me that i am trying to put your comments down ???

GO **** YOURSELF !!

Nob!

Call the LIFEGUARDS… Marc has fallen in :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

[quote]djmarcatkins (23/11/2010)[hr]Oh dear some people are really starting to ruin what was an excellent set of forums…

well you got your techno militia maybe someone should start a group here called the LIFEGUARDS to help you guys when you keep jumping in with 2 feet!!!

:stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

the lifeguards are coming

Should have worn a pair of these