Can't insert new Kick 2 tracks. Help pls!

I suddenly can no longer insert Kick 2 tracks into my projects (using Cubase Pro 12/ Windows). Kick 2 appears in the Add Track dialogue, but then the Instrument window says ‘No VST Instrument’.

In the VST Plug-in Manager the status window shows no errors, but Kick2 is greyed out in the main window.

Weird thing is current Kick2 project tracks still work fine, and I can import working tracks into new projects fine.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

I’d normally try a re-install, but want to avoid if there’s something easier.

Thanks for any assistance!

Rick (drrkbeats)

Hi there,

• Are you using latest version of KICK 2 v1.1.5 ?
  • Is this happening with the VST2 or the VST 3 plugin ?

And just to clarify this, do you mean you’re able to insert KICK 2 on instrument tracks in a new Cubase project but only get this issue with a previous project ?

Suggest you try to re-download the installer from your My Account/My Downloads/Plugins area and reinstall KICK 2.

Just make sure to overwrite the previous VST plugins files during the new install.

A new installation on top of your current installation doesn’t delete anything.

Many thanks.
<And just to clarify this, do you mean you’re able to insert KICK 2 on instrument tracks in a new Cubase project but only get this issue with a previous project ?>
Sorry, the other way round: existing instances of Kick2 work fine, but new instances (whether in existing or new projects) don’t work.
I’m using vst3 and 1.1.5.
I’ll try the re-install, but I’ll leave it a couple of weeks until my current project is complete so that I don’t mess anything up.
Thanks for the prompt assistance.
Cheers

Thanks for your reply :wink:

No worries, take the time to finish those projects and then see if reinstalling solves the issue :+1:

Any update on this ?

Just let us know if you need further help :wink:

Cheers and wishing you a great weekend ! :sunglasses:

Thanks for getting back to me. I’ve just finished my track so I’ll try a reinstall this week and let you know.
In the meantime I’d really appreciate any feedback on my attempt at peak time techno that I’ve linked in the track feedback forum.
Cheers again

1 Like