Capturing MIDI data

How can I capture VST’s Arpeggio as a MIDI?

I am using Sylenth’s inbuilt arpeggio…!!!

[quote]Imran (25/04/2011)[hr]How can I capture VST’s Arpeggio as a MIDI?

I am using Sylenth’s inbuilt arpeggio…!!![/quote]

u can also play the keys of the arpeggio and copy it

[quote]alinenunez (25/04/2011)[hr][quote]Imran (25/04/2011)[hr]How can I capture VST’s Arpeggio as a MIDI?

I am using Sylenth’s inbuilt arpeggio…!!![/quote]

u can also play the keys of the arpeggio and copy it

[/quote]

I’m playing a single note & want to capture the sequence as Midi out but using sylenth’s inbuilt arpeggio…I know how to record the arp midi data with live’s inbuilt arpeggiator but when recording it using VST’s inbuilt arpeggio like of sylenth I get back what I play not the sequence which is actually playing…Is there any way of recording it…?

Sylenths arp dosnt output midi data unfortunatly.

I dont think it can be done like in Live…

You’ll possibly have to record it as audio… import it into melodyne or something that has an audio to midi feature.

Logic has one… but its a bit fiddly.

Go old skool. Record it. Slow it down & put the notes in as midi as its playing. You’ll get them in no time.

Failing that… switch off the arp in Sylenth & use the one in live instead… record that midi when you are happy with it.

Problem with Synths is that they dont transmit Midi - maybe thats wrong, but either way… it cant be done simply as we’d all love - unfortunately :) :cool:

[quote]phil johnston (25/04/2011)[hr]Sylenths arp dosnt output midi data unfortunatly.[/quote]

Simple & effective :slight_smile:

[quote]ICN (25/04/2011)[hr]I dont think it can be done like in Live…

You’ll possibly have to record it as audio…importit into melodyne or something that has an audio to midi feature.

Logic has one… but its a bit fiddly.

Go old skool. Record it. Slow it down & put the notes in as midi as its playing. You’ll get them in no time.

Failing that… switch off the arp in Sylenth & use the one in live instead… record that midi when you are happy with it.

Problem with Synths is that they dont transmit Midi - maybe thats wrong, but either way… it cant be done simply as we’d all love - unfortunately:) :cool:[/quote]

Comprehensive and educational