Charge to my account?

I just checked my bank statements and noticed a recent $55 charge to my bank account. My account was a Web Silver Account that I had purchased last year and by now should be well over with. I have not chosen to reactivate to either, but still received a $55 charge from SA with no PRIOR notification. My emails have not been answered so I am resorting to the blog since there are no telephone numbers I can contact. Will someone with SA get back to me ASAP…

[quote]hcapuozzo (18/01/2012)[hr]I just checked my bank statements and noticed a recent $55 charge to my bank account. My account was a Web Silver Account that I had purchased last year and by now should be well over with. I have not chosen to reactivate to either, but still received a $55 charge from SA with no PRIOR notification. My emails have not been answered so I am resorting to the blog since there are no telephone numbers I can contact. Will someone with SA get back to me ASAP…[/quote]

Hi

our customer service will deal with this for you this morning.

Hello,

I had this same problem and the customer support basically gave me the middle finger and said too bad. Even though I emailed them literally the day after the charge posted to my account, they said “You could have used it, we can’t refund your money”.

I never opted to renew my membership, and I got no prior emails saying I was going to be charged again.

Oh and not only did they not refund my money, they shut down my account and blocked my access to the forums!

I’ve emailed them again today requesting my refund one final time before I escalate this to their merchant provider and my bank.

[quote]TravisNo (23/02/2012)[hr]Hello,

I had this same problem and the customer support basically gave me the middle finger and said too bad. Even though I emailed them literally the day after the charge posted to my account, they said “You could have used it, we can’t refund your money”.

I never opted to renew my membership, and I got no prior emails saying I was going to be charged again.

Oh and not only did they not refund my money, they shut down my account and blocked my access to the forums!

I’ve emailed them again today requesting my refund one final time before I escalate this to their merchant provider and my bank.

[/quote]

Hi Travis

It is set out clearly on our subscriber benefits page that our Silver subscription is a recurring payment, further to this when you proceed to the paypal checkout this is reconfirmed as a recurring payment.

Our terms and conditions to which you agreed are available from www.sonicacademy.com/terms+of+use and cover our all points regarding subscription renewals and payments.

Our policiy is simple, we require at least 24 hours notice to ensure that a payment is not processed but after this time we cannot be held responsible for any payments taken.

Your payment was reversed and so your subscription was cancelled as a result of this.

Regarding your forum access, we have a bug in our system that crops up during password retrieval which is most likely the reason you lost access to the forums. We do not block users from the forums for failure to keep up payments.

You have received a full refund as of the 10th of February 2012 (at a cost of £14 to ourselves).

If you are still not convinced that you have not received a full refund then you should contact Paypal, as we no longer have your funds in our account.