Checking a contract

Hi guys,br
br
Just renewed my membership with you after a break (mostly as money has been VERY tight)!br
br
Can you please do me a favour and check over a contract that’s been sent to me to sign, in respect to me releasing 3 tracks with a certain label.br
br
Can i send you the contract by email?br
br
Personal message me at davidmclean100@hotmail.com if you need to - guess this is the best way of doing it?br
br
The document is not very long, so shouldn’t take you long to give it the once over!br
br
Just want to ensure there isn’t anything in there that’s out of the ordinary or unreasonable.br
br
Thanks guys, still loving your work by the way.br
br
David

Hey David, long time absence from the forum! Thought you’d got fed up!br
br
Congrats on getting 3 tracks signed, if it’s any help I can send you the contract I signed for a comparison.

Mate that would be awesome, please send it over, I’ll compare and let you know any significant differences!br
br
How are you mate?

Yeah I’m all good, I had a couple of tracks signed, but been struggling to get much done since then, work is busy, half way through an extension on my house, it’s leaving very little time or space for production! Hoping to be given a couple of remixes to do soon, so will have to make some time for those.br
br
I’ve fire over one of the contracts now

Thanks Jimmy, I’m comparing now and will let you know any significant differences that I spot!br
br
Phil/Chris - are you able to take a quick look for me please. It’s only a few pages so won’t take long.br
br
Regards,br
br
Davidbr
br

Hi David,br
Thanks for the message - have had a few requests for me to look over contracts in the past, whilst I have some (bad) experience in this area, I am certainly not a lawyer and would not be comfortable dispensing legal advise. Just in case you have a world wide smash and I totally screw the advise :slight_smile:

No worries Chris, I got a great little message from Phil that summarised the main general things that you need to look out for when signing over tracks. br
br
So think I’m going to send the contract off later today and go for it!br
br
Thanks for your help mate.br
br
David