Clexxx' Productions (Progressive House/ Techno/ House)

Hello my name is Clemens aka Clexxx and I’m from Austria. :)br
I started producing a year ago with Reason and switched over to Ableton Live 4 Months ago.br
So far I’ve “realised” 2 Tracks. br
Please give me feedback on those. I’ll post them below:br
br
Newest Track:br
br
“North Cape” (Progressive House)br
iframe width=“100%” height=“166” scrolling=“no” frameborder=“no” src=“SoundCloud Widget”/iframebr
br
Description:br
br
3rd Place in the “PLEMPLEM SUCHT DEN PRODUCER”- Contestbr
br
Free download.br
br
_______________________________________br
br
br
“Unknown Land” (Melodic Tech House)br
iframe width=“100%” height=“166” scrolling=“no” frameborder=“no” src=“https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F86471517”/iframebr
br
Description:br
br
finished, badly masteredbr
br
Free download.br

Really enjoyed listening to both of those… 1 year only FFS thats really good!br
I prefered the second one out the two though by quite a bit.br
br
For feedback, I personally think the first one had a bassline overpowering the kick drum, the kick was a lot more noticeable in the second track… Maybe a bit more sidechain compression or just eq more of the kick frequency out the main bassline for the first track?br
br
Reminds me of some older school tracks, not like the garbage you see on beatport now. Nicely done!

thanks for the feedback. very happy that someone responded :slight_smile: yeah your right. I’ll keep that in mind for my next track :slight_smile:

Had a listen to both tracks, they have a great feeling to them. br
br
The problem with the first one is the sidechaining. I dont quite know how it was set up but it feels quite harsh and slightly out (I would try changing the attack of the compression and bring the threshold back a bit).br
br
I’m in agreement about the second track, I really liked all the smaller noises in the background and think its really well constructed br
br
Well done dude :slight_smile:

okay thanks :slight_smile: by second track you mean “unknown land” am i right?

Hey Clexxbr
br
have to agree with the other guys the sidechain on north cape seems slightly offbr
but the use of stereo space is great and you have certainly picked the right sounds to work for that melody.I like how crisp it all is it really punches through and can see why you did well in the competition.br
br
Really dig the top line on unknown land and again great use of the stereo space.br
br
Good stuff mate keep it up.

thanks again :slight_smile: I’ll follow your advice :slight_smile: