CLR / Dark Techno Production Thread

Hello, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

This is a thread, relating to the CLR Thread in the Tutorials section.<o:p></o:p>

[url]http://forums.sonicacademy.com/Topic48306-13-1.aspx[/url]<o:p></o:p>

The idea being that we talk here about the stuff that makes this music fkking class. Making a different thread to the other Tech Production tread so that all the info can be kept in one place. Later… we can put a link from the Sticky to this.<o:p></o:p>

[url]http://forums.sonicacademy.com/Topic31980-8-1.aspx[/url]<o:p></o:p>

If everyone could share their thoughts, tips, workflow etc… it might help everyone get closer to nailing the sound & get their own slant on it.<o:p></o:p>

It would be SO COOL - if everyone could share something. No matter how small - everything related to this is relevant.

Ideally, if everyone could maybe give an example of something that they were working on… maybe post a few words on something that featured in their track. Doesnt have to be a Vid or anything necessarily. Whatever is cool with you… however the important thing is that we help eachother?! :slight_smile: :cool:<o:p></o:p>

I’ve made a dog rough vid about how I go about getting that reverb sound on the kick. Also, theres a bit of stuff about using autofilters.

The Kick sound - Its basically a gated reverb - similar to the 80’s reverb sound that featured on drums, such as Phil Collins etc… :D<o:p></o:p>

Thats my take on it anyway… I’m sure theres other ways of doing it - probably better… but hopefully it’ll be enough to get some discussion going & spark a few ideas. I do it with midi - but you could always bounce the audio of the reverb & blend it back in… positioning it so that it grooves more / less. Whatever :slight_smile:

I’m no pro… and Its basic & rough: but hopefully it’ll spark some tangents for you :cool: 

Apologies for the sound being a little low on YT - It seemed to get really compressed after upload.

ALSO _ we’ve set up a Techno Facebook Group:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/171366219605866/

So to start the ball rolling:<o:p></o:p>

<EMBED height=349 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=- YouTube allowscriptaccess=“always” allowfullscreen=“true”>

This is a terrific idea, ICN!

I’ve got an idea that I’d like to share, so I’ll make a video of it momentarily and post it when it is done. Great stuff! Like your kick technique, especially the first few moments when we were told it was going to be “rough as f*ck…” I almost fell off my chair laughing… Definitely a memorable moment!

J

Nice one icn great video there! I really like what your doing with your delays :wink:

Strange hearing your voice though :w00t:

[quote]JamieinNC (22/05/2011)[hr]Like your kick technique, especially the first few moments when we were told it was going to be "rough as fck…" I almost fell off my chair laughing… Definitely a memorable moment!

[/quote]

I think that’s a techno term for something that is s
** hot :wink: :smiley:

Damn I’ve got a lot to learn! Ok, let’s keep this serious. Be with you in a minute with the video…

J

[quote]Mussi81 (22/05/2011)[hr][quote]JamieinNC (22/05/2011)[hr]Like your kick technique, especially the first few moments when we were told it was going to be "rough as fck…" I almost fell off my chair laughing… Definitely a memorable moment!

[/quote]

I think that’s a techno term for something that is s
** hot :wink: :D[/quote]

Thanks but I can not hear it at all - have I gone deaf

Nice one icn… great seeing that technique in action :wink:

cant hear the speech at all

I could hear audio but it was quiet

I want my money back :slight_smile:

She’s low… but you can hear it. Playing it now.

YT is wank

[quote]ICN (22/05/2011)[hr]She’s low… but you can hear it. Playing it now.

YT is wank

[/quote]

Had to download it and then wack my PC volume to the top and wear headphones

Nice work mate

Here’s my contribution…

Be sure to watch in in HD for better quality.

The Wet/Dry effect splitter:

OOH now you two are making me feel and look bad - I’ll try and do something but my rmx schedule is full on at the moment

[quote]slender (22/05/2011)[hr]OOH now you two are making me feel and look bad - I’ll try and do something but my rmx schedule is full on at the moment[/quote]

same as lol

Got some ideas out of that Jamie.

Its interesting - whenever you stick a load of reverb on something, it usually starts to get cool! :smiley:

I’ve done my Vid again… uploading now.

Hopefully it’ll be louder.

Yes! And what’s even better is that at the end of the chain, put a utility device with the “mute” button mapped to a control. Right at a drop, you mute all the reverb for a jarring, yet effective result.

[quote]ICN (22/05/2011)[hr]Got some ideas out of that Jamie.

Its interesting - whenever you stick a load of reverb on something, it usually starts to get cool! :D[/quote]

Hopefully louder:

<EMBED height=349 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=- YouTube allowfullscreen=“true” allowscriptaccess=“always”>

Much much much much better :cool: