Come in number 23, your time is up

I used to work on a boating lake as a youth. I also worked behind the chemist counter at boots. It was there that I learnt about suppositories and many other medical wonders for the older citizen.

Anyone else have some similarly stimulating jobs when they were younger?

I know I am going to leave myself open for this - I used to work in a teabag factory in my school holidays and worked on a machine that separated the bag from the tea

First real job was in a carpet tile shop - hardest job i dis was work as a kitchen porter

Kitchen Porter - Hard fkn job.

Never did it - but I saw it break the cockiest. Didnt fancy it.

Worked night-shift in Sainsburys in London for a bit when I was 19/20… They were all mental. There used to be a set of twins working there - crazy fkn cnuts. They were like Oranagutans with gammy eyes and black hair.

Was stacking shelves with nuts when I heard Diana had died. Worst thing was having to listen to Elton John fkn everywhere after that (He’d only just fkkkd off out of relevance).

Blagged a job once with a bunch of builders, cos I said I could wallpaper & none of them could. I got paid, but I’d left loadsa bubbles everywhere. They had to pay for someone to come in & redo the whole house :smiley:

Had a job putting cat flaps together - lasted an hour as I could not stand the boredom

I also worked in Tesco. There was a trash compactor out the back… massive thing that you can easily get into. There were metal bars along the top and a void underneath where the massive piston pushed forward to crush the cardboard. You could hold yourself above the piston by holding onto the bars and lifting your legs up above the piston. The welcome routine for newcomers when working on the trash compactor was for one of us to go into the compactor to clear some troublesome cardboard and for someone else to come running along, slam the lid shut and push the power button. Whoever was inside would scream whilst the poor newcomer outside would freak out thinking his colleague was getting mashed. Nice eh?

Haha, we’d one of those too… never got into it, but can see how it might be abused Star Wars styleee :slight_smile:

Used to love going into the big freezers & eating a cornetto in 2 or 3 mouthfulls.

Waking up @ 5 o clock in winter, not knowing if it was AM or PM & thinking I was late for work.

[quote]ICN (25/09/2011)[hr]Haha, we’d one of those too… never got into it, but can see how it might be abused Star Wars styleee :slight_smile:

Used to love going into the big freezers & eating a cornetto in 2 or 3 mouthfulls.

Waking up @ 5 o clock in winter, not knowing if it was AM or PM & thinking I was late for work.[/quote]

Ha, yeh, speed eating was perfect at our place too!

Another thing we enjoyed was locking a newcomer up in one of those large cages and pelting them with eggs, flour, sugar etc. And then if they were lucky we’d roll them down the 100 metre incline ramp out the back.

Lol I used to clean the bakery in tesco. The best bit about my job was dipping my finger into the tub of sugar icing.:hehe: did it all the time lol:hehe:

My ex used to work in Sainsburys and she used to come home in tears - told her to quit as no job is worth that

The only shop I want to work in :smiley:

[quote]slender (25/09/2011)[hr]

The only shop I want to work in :D[/quote]

Thats quality!

I used to work in a fruit processing place. They’d greenhouses… and the picked veg/fruit would be graded & packed into boxes.

Filthiest place ever. Guys that worked there were braindead. Pure bullies. Hated them. There was one fella that worked there who had ec zema and they’d pelt mega-ripe, nearly rotten tomatoes at him. Poor fkkr, it would be like battery acid on his skin when they’d hit & burst. Sounds funny - but it was so grim.

Worked in a shop once… general stores. The sandwich bar fridge was powered to a socket that had 2 adapter plugs stuck into it. Every time someone would walk by, they’d kick it & knock it off. Came in one morning, straight after clubbing & saw 5 maggots erupting out of the corned beef. Another morning… I saw a rat come up out of a hole in the middle of the shop. I returned back with a shovel & took its head off while the customers looked on. After, everone went - Hurray!!! :D 

[quote]ICN (25/09/2011)[hr]I used to work in a fruit processing place. They’d greenhouses… and the picked veg/fruit would be graded & packed into boxes.

Filthiest place ever. Guys that worked there were braindead. Pure bullies. Hated them. There was one fella that worked there who had ec zema and they’d pelt mega-ripe, nearly rotten tomatoes at him. Poor fkkr, it would be like battery acid on his skin when they’d hit & burst. Sounds funny - but it was so grim.

Worked in a shop once… general stores. The sandwich bar fridge was powered to a socket that had 2 adapter plugs stuck into it. Every time someone would walk by, they’d kick it & knock it off. Came in one morning, straightafter clubbing & saw 5 maggots erupting out of the corned beef.Another morning… I saw a rat come up out of a hole in the middle of the shop. I returned back with a shovel & took its head off while the customers looked on.After, everone went - Hurray!!!:D[/quote]

While chewing ya face off? That would of been hilarious to watch lol:hehe:

Someone tried to rob it one morning & it was only cos they recgonised that I was an “athlete” that they let it go :slight_smile:

My previous jobs have been pretty random and sparadic.

My first job (apart from being a paperboy) was a Hotel Porter, then i went on to be a waiter.

I did some time at TK Maxx as staff before walking out because it was sht and went on to doing sales door to door, that lead to working in O2 mobile phone shop selling phones.

Then i went on to working as an assistant martial arts instructor teaching freestyle taekwondo and kickboxing. I left them because they changed my contract and went on to working as a Quasar lazer games marshall which was f
cking cool job, loved it! Would put on my hard dance CDs and the arena was just like a hyped up club with the dark decore, UV, lights, smoke machine and loud music. After that i went on to doing some call center work such as tech support for BT internet and then Lloyds TSB debt collection (hated that job, you literally had to be a cnt to people… which sounds kinda cool but it made you feel like a bully when these people were in financial hardship!.. obviously some of them were dcks and clearly couldnt be bothered, but others had honest real situtations that were really sad).

Oh then there was resident DJ, that was awesome, paid every week for jamming out, in fact its the only thing i miss leaving Exeter for, i guess i got a bit naive and thought id manage to get the same thing again in Sussex / London, but it’s not really worked out like that… at least not regularly enough to make a living from sigh.

Since then i’ve been working as a tutor at a music college and then off school year i went to America to teach martial arts and audio production at a Summer Camp which was pretty cool :slight_smile:

Used to work in a vegetarian restaurant just off Carnaby street - the owner used to spray the cakes with water to make them feel fresh, he would tell us to ask customers if they would like their cake warmed up again for the same reason

As for the meals he would layer the left overs from the day before on the bottom and but Friday it was veg lasagne

The kitchen was so gross I ended up retching when ever i walked into the open fridge

And the icing on the cake was he used to know someone in the local Boots and would take there out of date sandwiches saying he gives them to homeless charities - he used repackage and sell to the punters

What got me is we had regular customers - they must gave had stomach of mules

Anyway I found out he was pinching the girls arses there so I decided to report him too Environmental health got closed down