Complextro in the style of Wolfgang Gartner, Porter Robinson, Zedd, Too Many Others

Hi,

Can you please make a tutorial specifically dedicated to producing Complextro? The glitch step house had a terrific amount of information but a separate complextro tutorial would be excellent. Mainly on creating the various small pieces and then fitting them all the parts together.

Artists:

Wolfgang Gartner- Undertaker, Firepower

Porter Robinson- Less Go (Spencer & Hill Remix)

Mord Fustang- The Electric Dream, Lick The Rainbow

Other Artists- Lazy Rich, DirtyLoud, Darth&Vader.

Youtube Links:

Wolfgang Gartner - Undertaker - YouTube : Undertaker

Wolfgang Gartner - Fire Power - YouTube : Firepower

- YouTube : Less Go

- YouTube : Lick The Rainbow

You know what I’m talking about.

Thank you!

Please do!!!

Ahhhhh the eternal question

I suppose +1, but it’s a bit greedy, no?

I still think there’s room for a great, end-all Tech Tip on that electro bass. The one that just about everyone uses. I feel like after that, it’s a matter of a few blips, a weighty kick drum, and some cheeky vocal sampling :smiley:

+1 as well!

Yes indeed. The glitch step house tutorial covers a lot of ground and is great but then I think an advanced, super complex complextro only (no dubstep) tutorial is needed! The arrangement of this style being so intricate…

[quote]vadimvozmitsel (09/05/2011)[hr]Yes indeed. The glitch step house tutorial covers a lot of ground and is great but then I think an advanced, super complex complextro only (no dubstep) tutorial is needed! The arrangement of this style being so intricate…[/quote]

+1 as well I guess. I mean to me the glitch step house tutorial has everything ur gunna want.

But +1000 to Flaxo’s sentiment that what your askin for is a bit greedy…

Phil & Bryan can’t exactly make a beatport #1 track for a tutorial… I mean thats exactly what your asking for. Every track you listed as an inspiration was either a beatport #1 track or in the overall beatport top 10. If they could do that all the time or did they would be dumb to make it a tutorial and not just release the track on a label. It’s really not just as simple as saying… Make a complextro tutorial.

The bass that FLAXO is talking about i’d be more interested in… although I figured out a cool thing the other day I’m pretty sure dirtyloud/felguk do to their basses that has to do with sidechain-threshold & release automation… Thats the kinda things that would be a more feasible & realistic tutorial then complextro… considering the glitch step literally was just finished like a month ago.

Complextro as Fustang calls it is my genre of choice for productions. It’s also Flaxo’s as well.

Its not easy to make. It takes forever to mixdown. But you get used to it after a while.

I wrote a whole track yesterday. And got the arrangement done. In like 8 hours.

Now I just gotta complextrofy it. Which to me, is the most important part and takes the longest. What i mean by that is… I gotta make my 1-shots, samples, and take my current sounds even further through modulation & automation…

IMO. If you have already done the glitch step house tutorial, and you understand it… Then you are like 40% of the way there. The other 30% is making really awesome & unique sounds and not just using the same vengeance samples that everybody else has. The other 30% is actually coming up with a really cool melody/hook that is catchy and people actually want to dance to and not just a random collection of wobbles and one-shots.

Nothing personal guys… But advanced tutorials should be done by you. We don’t need Phil & Bryan to do it. The only way you will get the sound your shooting for is by practice, practice, and more practice. Doing an advanced tutorial is not going to make you any more musically inclined. Making a great song is more about the idea that you are basing the track off of. If the idea for the track sucks or isnt very good, then your corresponding theory to complete the idea is not going to be that great either usually.

If you really wanna start trying to get better, study music theory. Wolfgang is a freakin genius when it comes to music theory. See Undertaker or Firepower… I have been doing advanced music theory stuff and it has been opening up my productions 100 fold from what they used to be.

whoops double post!

maybe this will help get this stickied?!!?!

[quote]UnitedVision (09/05/2011)[hr]

+1 as well I guess. I mean to me the glitch step house tutorial has everything ur gunna want.

But +1000 to Flaxo’s sentiment that what your askin for is a bit greedy…

Phil & Bryan can’t exactly make a beatport #1 track for a tutorial… I mean thats exactly what your asking for. Every track you listed as an inspiration was either a beatport #1 track or in the overall beatport top 10. If they could do that all the time or did they would be dumb to make it a tutorial and not just release the track on a label. It’s really not just as simple as saying… Make a complextro tutorial.

The bass that FLAXO is talking about i’d be more interested in… although I figured out a cool thing the other day I’m pretty sure dirtyloud/felguk do to their basses that has to do with sidechain-threshold & release automation… Thats the kinda things that would be a more feasible & realistic tutorial then complextro… considering the glitch step literally was just finished like a month ago.

Complextro as Fustang calls it is my genre of choice for productions. It’s also Flaxo’s as well.

Its not easy to make. It takes forever to mixdown. But you get used to it after a while.

I wrote a whole track yesterday. And got the arrangement done. In like 8 hours.

Now I just gotta complextrofy it. Which to me, is the most important part and takes the longest. What i mean by that is… I gotta make my 1-shots, samples, and take my current sounds even further through modulation & automation…

IMO. If you have already done the glitch step house tutorial, and you understand it… Then you are like 40% of the way there. The other 30% is making really awesome & unique sounds and not just using the same vengeance samples that everybody else has. The other 30% is actually coming up with a really cool melody/hook that is catchy and people actually want to dance to and not just a random collection of wobbles and one-shots.

Nothing personal guys… But advanced tutorials should be done by you. We don’t need Phil & Bryan to do it. The only way you will get the sound your shooting for is by practice, practice, and more practice. Doing an advanced tutorial is not going to make you any more musically inclined. Making a great song is more about the idea that you are basing the track off of. If the idea for the track sucks or isnt very good, then your corresponding theory to complete the idea is not going to be that great either usually.

If you really wanna start trying to get better, study music theory. Wolfgang is a freakin genius when it comes to music theory. See Undertaker or Firepower… I have been doing advanced music theory stuff and it has been opening up my productions 100 fold from what they used to be.[/quote]

• one billion.

Dont know if you guys know about this Vid already - but might help:

This chap has a vid on YT about complextro? Remember seeing it in the title - cant tell ya what its about as I never watched.

NZMusic 101

http://www.youtube.com/user/nzmusic101?feature=uploademail_ch

[quote]ICN (10/05/2011)[hr]Dont know if you guys know about this Vid already - but might help:

This chap has a vid on YT about complextro? Remember seeing it in the title - cant tell ya what its about as I never watched.

NZMusic 101

http://www.youtube.com/user/nzmusic101?feature=uploademail_ch

.[/quote]

that guys videos are mint. good find ICN.