Controller

what’s a good controller for launching clips in ableton?

save up for an ipad …???

The Akai APC40 is purpose built at £350 a cheaper version is the APC20

Novation do the Launchpad at £150 there are some more personally I would go for the Akai APC40

thatd be nice, im just afraid that a new controller will be announced after making an investment like this.

I use a Vestax VCM 600 for DJing in Abelton.

I have just got a Akai apc20 and love it to be honest, loads of fun and works a treat!

Got my 1st live set next week what is what is abit scarey but I am going to be using this for it so should be fine!:slight_smile:

Give NI’s Maschine a try - its unbelievable.

I keep hearing Machine is killing!!

its so expensive!!

i cant afford that. Maybe the launch pad will do it.

I’ve seen apc’s rock the monsta Bounce

Seriously - Maschine isn’t as expensive as people think. I got mine on eBay for £350 - that’s pretty much the same aa the APC40.

Depends on what you are using. If you are using Live, get the APC. If you do anything else, grab Maschine. Maschine (I believe) is a hardware/midi hybrid. Not for me though.

No - the thing that makes Maschine so good is its capabilities as a normal MIDI controller as well as its integration with the Maschine software. So the Maschine hardware controller becomes a Live clip launcher, transport controller etc. with the Ableton template. Or, and this is the superdupa poopa scoopa, if you use the ‘MackieControl’ emulator template, the Maschine controller not only becomes a clip launcher etc, but it feeds back and controls the parameters on the current focus instrument. This is why I got rid of my ReMote SL keyboard - because Maschine made it redundant. Anything done in automap was done just as well (if not better - automap is a pain to use) by Maschine.

Anyway, enough of my free advertising for a company that won’t pay me a penny for promoting their wares. If you’ve got the money to spend, definitely think carefully about what you want the controller to do - there is nothing worse than staring at a super doopa controller that cost the earth every day if you only ever use a fraction of its capabilities.

to be fair the current version of automap works lik a dream, absoloutely no set up at all, just senses abelton, self launches automap and works with out any user set up.

but i am using it ont eh remote ZeRo Mk2 not the keyboards - dunno if their is a difference.

see i play in a band and i feel like the launch pad would be nice with next to something like the M-Audio UC-33. but the apc 40 does sound really nice right now ^^

[quote]rickyflynn14 (15/05/2010)[hr]see i play in a band and i feel like the launch pad would be nice with next to something like the M-Audio UC-33. but the apc 40 does sound really nice right now ^^[/quote]

If your after an M-Audio UC-33 I have one for sale for £60!:cool:

^^ thats a good deal!

i really autta be launchin some clips be for i start twisting the up lol

is the launchpad any use? cant afford an apc 40!!

[quote]chekka (16/05/2010)[hr]is the launchpad any use? cant afford an apc 40!![/quote]

The APC 20 is about 20 quid more expensive