Cool Way How To Use A Drum Rack

After watching countless hours of music production videos I notice the different ways producers use Ableton’s instrument racks for drums in there productions.br
br
Then one day I watched a music production course and a well known producer used a method using a drum rack and after a bit of thinking figuring out his method I cracked it. br
And I thought I would share this method with you people who get confuse about using drum racks especially the automation. br
br
br
br
br
br
br
Uploaded with ImageShack.usbr
br
br
br
br
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this looks interesting, i was never ever going to use the drum rack, always stuck with impulse, must be just afraid of change, but now i use drum rack all the time,br
br
i also have a kick rack, hats, clap rack, etc, but dont do any fancy stuff your doing here, what does it help you achieve ? i see some effects on each rack,br
does the rest help with note length ?

[quote]leejohnson222 (22/06/2013)[hr]this looks interesting, i was never ever going to use the drum rack, always stuck with impulse, must be just afraid of change, but now i use drum rack all the time,br
br
i also have a kick rack, hats, clap rack, etc, but dont do any fancy stuff your doing here, what does it help you achieve ? i see some effects on each rack,br
does the rest help with note length ?[/quote]br
br
Using this drum rack method helps me to see the note or pitch length which also helps me find space in between the pitch or notes to add more sounds and to see what sounds are clashing. br
br
Editing clips is very quick easy to do, adding more midi track lanes for other suff like fills and it keeps the automation lanes at the top of the lanes which makes it easier to see and to extend the automation lanes just hit the + sign.br
br
This is a new method for me that I’m using and I like it and you only have to use 1 drum rack you can add your secondary percussion to the rack. The only down side is that it takes a bit of time preparing the drum rack but once set up I think it is good for work flow. Plus if you want to smash any mid to high sound percussion just group them or make a BusOut track and route the sounds to it to be smash or even make a send track to use like New York compression.

Will try it out Rob. Thanks for tutoring us ;)br
br
Btw. if it takes some time to prepare, can’t you make a template out of it so you start up with this in each and every project?

[quote]daniaan (24/06/2013)[hr]Will try it out Rob. Thanks for tutoring us ;)br
br
Btw. if it takes some time to prepare, can’t you make a template out of it so you start up with this in each and every project?[/quote]br
br
Cool man,br
br
if you find any faults and improvements please let me know and I have thought about saving it as a rack but with a rack i think the midi track will be lost and a template would probably be the only way of saving it but I forgot the short cut to drag it into live.br
br
Do you know?

Will have a go with it when I’ve finished a remix that’s deadlining…br
I’ll definitely let you know about this!