CPU Hog

Just like the title says, I’m finding that ANA is a huge CPU hog. I’m using 3 tracks, all with presets, and I’m hovering around 80% load on a win7 i72600k 16gb ram system.

To compare, I’ve had around 20 tracks with massive, all with automation, all playing at once, and I’ve only hovered around 10% load.

Is this normal? Is there / will there be a fix?

[quote]ksonic (27/02/2012)[hr]Just like the title says, I’m finding that ANA is a huge CPU hog. I’m using 3 tracks, all with presets, and I’m hovering around 80% load on a win7 i72600k 16gb ram system.

To compare, I’ve had around 20 tracks with massive, all with automation, all playing at once, and I’ve only hovered around 10% load.

Is this normal? Is there / will there be a fix?[/quote]

we are hoping to add polyphony to cut this down

at the minute there is no limit so the voices just keep mounting up and up and that is very intensive on the CPU.

We are working on the next release right now

[quote]bryan spence (27/02/2012)[hr][quote]ksonic (27/02/2012)[hr]Just like the title says, I’m finding that ANA is a huge CPU hog. I’m using 3 tracks, all with presets, and I’m hovering around 80% load on a win7 i72600k 16gb ram system.

Is this normal? Is there / will there be a fix?[/quote]

we are hoping to add polyphony to cut this down

at the minute there is no limit so the voices just keep mounting up and up and that is very intensive on the CPU.

We are working on the next release right now[/quote]

That’s good to know! I’m hoping it gets fixed soon because this is the first time I’ve ever heard my audio tear on this machine!

I tried bringing the voices down and disabling the on-board FX, but the CPU load actually increased!

Something interesting to note: I restarted Live and ran through the track again, and the CPU load was at 16% average for the parts with the 3 instances of ANA running. There might be a leak somewhere.

[quote]ksonic (27/02/2012)[hr]Something interesting to note: I restarted Live and ran through the track again, and the CPU load was at 16% average for the parts with the 3 instances of ANA running. There might be a leak somewhere.[/quote]

the vintage filters are quite intensive also. - bringing the release time down on your amp env can also help to remove some of the voices quicker

[quote]ksonic (27/02/2012)[hr]Something interesting to note: I restarted Live and ran through the track again, and the CPU load was at 16% average for the parts with the 3 instances of ANA running. There might be a leak somewhere.[/quote]

This is interesting… what system are you using?

it seems certain CPU system combos are handling CPU load much better. also possibly a memory thing.