Crackling issues

strange one here… never had this before, changed all the setting on my soundcard, it gets better but still crackles… I’m running a pretty high end system so does anyone know what could be causing this…?

by the way did I mention I got roland rh300 today, I must say I like alot! :slight_smile:

CPU usage hits about 80% and I’ve still got load more I’ll need to be adding to this…

You get the best crackling when you turn the heat up really high :smiley:

those headphones look pretty mate, comfy?

as for crackling there could be loads of issues, from your USB cable to single vst screwing things up…but it’s most likely because you’re on a PC :stuck_out_tongue: (I couldn’t resist)

OK seriously tho 80% is pretty high, but load a fresh live set and go in to your preferences, turn on test tone in your main config page and adjust CPU load to 80%

if you hear crackling increase buffer size of your audio card, (it will increase latency)

make sure that you have ‘Multicore’ turned on in CPU page

let me know if it improved

[quote]seanl (07/12/2010)[hr]those headphones look pretty mate, comfy?

as for crackling there could be loads of issues, from your USB cable to single vst screwing things up…but it’s most likely because you’re on a PC :stuck_out_tongue: (I couldn’t resist)

OK seriously tho 80% is pretty high, but load a fresh live set and go in to your preferences, turn on test tone in your main config page and adjust CPU load to 80%

if you hear crackling increase buffer size of your audio card, (it will increase latency)

make sure that you have ‘Multicore’ turned on in CPU page

let me know if it improved[/quote]

loaded a new sewt, CPU usage simulater to 80%, done all the above and no crackling on the new set.

Only when I load the project I’m working on… strange

and yeah they are very comfy, should hope so for the bloody price! really nice sound too :slight_smile:

changing the latency and/or buffer size didnt work either

there are setting for USB bufferzise and audio buffer is my soundcard… which one should I change??

ok go to the CPU page and experiment with Plugin buffer size, set it to ‘as audio buffer’ and test it, also try going for a bigger and smaller values

Hey dude. I would just suggest freezing tracks. However, not to be jerky, but the only time I had that issue was when I ran a cracked version of Live. This was a long time ago when I didn’t know if Ableton was the way I wanted to go, so that was how I wanted to try it out. When I got a legit copy, the problem vanished. Not saying that you are, but it was just a thought.

But if you are kosher, I would just start freezing some tracks, especially the ones that you arent really touching much anymore. Also, try to freeze the ones that you have alot of processing going on. If you are anything like me, you have a stack of 10+ effects in your insert chain.

[quote]howiegroove (07/12/2010)[hr]Hey dude. I would just suggest freezing tracks. However, not to be jerky, but the only time I had that issue was when I ran a cracked version of Live. This was a long time ago when I didn’t know if Ableton was the way I wanted to go, so that was how I wanted to try it out. When I got a legit copy, the problem vanished. Not saying that you are, but it was just a thought.

But if you are kosher, I would just start freezing some tracks, especially the ones that you arent really touching much anymore. Also, try to freeze the ones that you have alot of processing going on. If you are anything like me, you have a stack of 10+ effects in your insert chain.[/quote]

yeah there is about 60 tracks, 7 layered bass, 5 for lead, 6 for pluck, xyz for bass pads, etc etc etc and on and on and in addition to this I spilt the FQ’q on some sound and have fx chaines for FQ ranges on singles track so that like x3 fxs chains per track!

so if I bounch the ones I’m happy with I should free up some CPU and I can go back and change later right?

also can youy bounch groups?

tryed loads of settings on the sound control panel and in ableton, with not much luck.

dam it, running a X4 955 overclocked to 4ghz with 8gig DDR3 - should be well enough!

you get crackling from craked software

and demons from demo

[quote]seanl (07/12/2010)[hr]you get crackling from craked software

and demons from demo[/quote]

bullocks!!

you get crack from drug dealers! not IT nerds cracking software

now wheres my pipe…

lol

[quote]gofunk (07/12/2010)[hr][quote]seanl (07/12/2010)[hr]you get crackling from craked software

and demons from demo[/quote]

bullocks!!

you get crack from drug dealers! not IT nerds cracking software

now wheres my pipe…

lol[/quote]

nooo! I was searching in wrong parts of town!

bounce the ****er down