Craig Connelly - Keep Me Believing Remix Contest with Higher Forces Records / 92

Craig Connelly - Keep Me Believing Remix Contest with Higher Forces Records

View Remix Competition

Taking our courses to the next level, here on Sonic you can now watch the track being made, download both the project and stems and then submit your own remix with the chance to win some great prizes.

The How To Make Vocal Trance (Keep Me Believing) Remix Contest is exclusive, here on Sonic Academy and you could be in with a chance of winning some cool prizes and ultimately getting a release on Higher Forces Records, the global leading electronic music record label owned by Craig Connelly.
We know we have one of the best music-making communities anywhere, and the level of production skillz coming through the forums is truly amazing.
So, ourselves and Craig Connelly are super excited to see what you guys can come up with - we know you can smash it. You can now download the stems from this awesome tune and start working your magic!
We have shown you how to make the tune, now it’s over to you to get creative, make a dope remix of this track and show the world your production talent.

Go get started! We can’t wait to hear your submissions.

So what’s a contest without a prize eh? Well if your remix of his track is chosen by Craig Connelly and the label, you can win a release on Higher Forces Records!*

But that’s not all, you will also win a massive £150 Sonic Sounds store voucher to spend on our award-winning plugins and any preset or samples packs on the store. We will also have two amazing runner up prizes.
If you’ve created the second-best remix, you’ll win a £50 Sonic Sounds store voucher.
The third-place wins a ÂŁ25 Sonic Sounds store voucher.

Related Course
Remember to check out the course - How To Make Vocal Trance with Craig Connelly - for the full lowdown! Available to all Subscribers right now!

This competition is open to all Sonic Academy registered users so spread the word and, join in.

Contest Ends 07/05/2021 - 23:59 PT

Alan Santy’s remix go go go!!! Set on fire B-)

1 Like

Some very good entries in there already :wink:

Are you getting involved in the competition BTW ??

Cheers !

Hey :slight_smile:

Just wondering when voting closes? :smiley: Is it the same time as when Submissions close?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Hi there @Verc

The votes on the Remix Competition web page is just a feature allowing users listening to the entries to vote for their favorite track, you can still vote for your favorite remix after a competition is closed.

Those “internal” votes have nothing to do with the final result of the competitions, it’s always the producer/tutor ( and eventually the label as well ) that will pickup the 3 winning entries. This is taking place after the submission date, Craig Connelly will listen to all entries and the winners will be officially announced via S.A social medias.

Hope this helps and good luck if you are taking part into the Remix Competition :wink:

So whats the new deadline?

Is it possible to resubmit an entry after deleting?

Yes, yo can delete your entry by using the link on the submission page and then upload a new one, just be sure not to miss the submission end date ( now extended till 14th May 23:59 PT ). Think about upload time as well, so don’t wait the very last minute to upload your new entry and check the time according to your world location :wink:

Yip, you can resubmit

Yes competition is being extended by 1 week. So closing 14th May 23:59 PT now. We wanted to give everyone a good amount of time to get the best in. Some amazing mixes already!

1 Like

So then you have it @owl
Cleaning latest posts & replies to avoid other peeps confusion :wink:

Hey Sonic Academy guys.
Question here.

In the T&C you have point 8 that says “Submissions may not be released or distributed for any purposes or through any media whatsoever except by Label in its sole discretion”

Is this forbidding us to put our track on SoundCloud or playing it in DJ sets (ours or DJ friends) on Twitch or any other streaming platforms?

Thanks!

do we upload in wave or mp3 ???

Hey there @r00tcracker

Thank you for asking about this :wink:

Yes, it’s strictly forbidden to upload your own remix on any media or to use it in Dj set, playlist…etc.

All resources are solely provided for both tutorial & remix competition and you should only use them either for educational purpose ( in case of making a track following the course ) and/or uploading a remix on the competition platform only.

Hope this helps :wink:

Cheers !

Hey there @chrisg3

You can actually upload both formats, either choose to use a High Res 320kbps .mp3 or a .wav file.

Take note that If you upload a .wav audio file, the waveform won’t display correctly in the player on the submission page since this feature only works with .mp3 files but that’s just a visual thing, so no worries if you don’t see a correct waveform, it won’t prevent your file playback.

Hope this helps :wink:

Cheers !

Hey @Tekalight

Yup, all cleared up!!!
Thanks

1 Like

Happy the deadline got extended. Would have been too close otherwise… Trying to get it done today or tomorrow… And then hope for the win :smiley:

1 Like

Wish I had time to make my own version but I’ll make a bootleg someday from this tune. I just got it today and I’m pretty busy this weekend already so no need to extend cause of me :slight_smile: Luckily I heard about this contest yesterday from Sauli who submitted his remix already in here.

6:22. Not much before the deadline hehehe. And I seem not to have been the only one. The past few hours about 6 or 7 submissions, some of them are really really good! I tried to make it a little different. Nice to be able to hear what other people did. Good luck to all of us guys :slight_smile: Well done! And now I am going to sleep 2 hours until my kid is awake! TRANCE FOREVER! :smiley:

@Werner Dreyer: man your mix is really really good! As are some others.