Cubase/Reason/Ableton/Logic

I was a long time Cubase user… like from vers. 1 on the atari 15 years ago through to SX3

Now im mainly using ableton but tbh i’ve been thinking of switching back to cubase for producing… I think its a lot easier to Arrange more complicated stuff in cubase… for loopy techno and house abletons great… just record everything live, but i find it quite time consuming doing more complicated/intricate stuff.

The sound quality in ableton is great especial since vers 7 but if you end up time stretching a lot of loops or track you are defiantly loosing quality. using rex files for your drums will enable you to keep the quality with almost the same flexibility.

Ill try using Cubase again for a while and let you know how i get on.

Phil.

Live Demo cant save or render… lite is limited to 8 tracks and a few plugins and LE is limited to two simultaneous stereo audio inputs and outputs, twelve built-in audio effects, eight built-in instruments, two AU/VST effects and two AU/VST instruments per project

http://www.ableton.com/pages/live_7_le/tour/comparison_chart

LE is a good option if your useing it for DJing or Mashups but for full productions its a bit limited… good place to start tho. nice price.