Dance music manual volume 2

the wife just bought me the dance music manual for my birthday and while i was finding it on amazon i also found volume 2 (here’s a link)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dance-Music-Manual-Practical-Composition/dp/024052196X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1289036993&sr=1-1

i’ve heard the dance music manual is a must have book but never heard volume 2 mentioned before not sure if its new out or what but thought i’d post just in case it is …:wink:

I oftem refer to the Damce Manual book but also never heard off vol 2 - will probably buy it when its in stock - good find chris :slight_smile:

with it been out of stock and  never  heard of before i was not sure if it was like a pre order thing i’ll be getting it when its in stock to just started volume 1 this morning its deffo a must have book…

Just had a bit of a nosey, as first of all I thought you were referring to the ‘2nd Edition’ rather than a whole new version.

On the publishers website it saiys it’s not out until September next year!

So looks like the book shops have been populated early. Anyway gives you plenty of time to work through the first book! I have it and I keep meaning to work through it proper, but currently dip into it for this and that.

Even if you just mastered the info in vol 1 you’d be heads above the rest of the crowd.

its something to look forward to next year i suppose:D

i also fancied “the remixers bible” by francis peeve (link below)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Remixers-Bible-Build-Better-Beats/dp/0879308818/ref=pd_sim_b_2

has anyone else bought this is it worth a read?

I’m currently reading Music Theory for Computer Musicians and it’s a very good book if you have no keyboard knowledge :

[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Theory-Computer-Musicians-Michael-Hewitt/dp/1598635034/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1289043719&sr=8-1]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Theory-Computer-Musicians-Michael-Hewitt/dp/1598635034/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1289043719&sr=8-1[/url]

oh cool been waiting for this for a while now

Nice find it says it is released on the 1/9/11 which i am assuming is the 9th of January as the Americans do month and date the opposite way round than Europe:D

Has anyone got “The Secrets of House Music Production” by Sample Magic? Really like the look of this book!

[quote]gavisthename (07/11/2010)[hr]Has anyone got “The Secrets of House Music Production” by Sample Magic? Really like the look of this book![/quote]

yeah i’ve got it its deffo worth a look i actually refer to it quite a lot…

[quote]gavisthename (07/11/2010)[hr]Has anyone got “The Secrets of House Music Production” by Sample Magic? Really like the look of this book![/quote]

yeah its a great read, although some of the covered material is very beginner and basic but still worth owning.

Sample Magic Book. Excellent.

Worth buying.

Well, it looks like I have to buy it now - when I can find the cash! Cheers guys! :slight_smile:

Its not out for a while, volume 1 is alright but its a bit dated. He also does some good dvds. Check out dancemusicproduction.com

[quote]chris17 (07/11/2010)[hr][quote]gavisthename (07/11/2010)[hr]Has anyone got “The Secrets of House Music Production” by Sample Magic? Really like the look of this book![/quote]

yeah i’ve got it its deffo worth a look i actually refer to it quite a lot…[/quote]

I have it as well… although I dont use it like i should… I also found a free ebook called dance music rudiments. It’s a really good and free reference!

yes, all of the above are great books except for the new Dance Music Manual. If you are in the US, I have an extra copy of the Secrets of House Music Production that I am selling.

[quote]howiegroove (07/11/2010)[hr]yes, all of the above are great books except for the new Dance Music Manual. If you are in the US, I have an extra copy of the Secrets of House Music Production that I am selling.[/quote]

Wish I would have known that beforehand!

[quote]howiegroove (07/11/2010)[hr]yes, all of the above are great books except for the new Dance Music Manual. If you are in the US, I have an extra copy of the Secrets of House Music Production that I am selling.[/quote]

How much?

I want it … I asked first … ner ner ner ner ner! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m in Canadia, does that count?