Dark Techno

https://soundcloud.com/seandonnelly2199/sean-donnelly-trusting-the-gods

Feedback really valued!

Thanks guys!

Hi there @squeak2199

When listening to your track, it seems that most of the audio information like kick & synth Arp is mainly outputting on the Left Channel, so I think you have a mixing issue here, it makes it hard to appreciate the all track.

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll keep that in mind for the next track I make.

Some cool ideas in there but, like Tekalight said, the panning makes it hard to listen to.

Hi again there @squeak2199

Some tips to try to avoid this kind of issue :

• Try to work with a reference track to set a goal & model for your mix in terms of levels, balance & stereo image.

• A rule of thumb in electronic music production is to keep the low end of your mix ( especially kick & bass ) centered and quite mono-compatible : so you’ve got to avoid to use panning on those elements.

• While panning could be a good addition to create some nice effects & add space & variation to your track, it’s good to use it with caution and on individual tracks, not on your master channel.

• By the end of a full mix, you should be able to hear all the elements you decided to put inside your track, they have to be somehow evenly spread between the center & the Left & Right channel and well balanced against each other in terms of levels.

But again, back to the first one : working with a reference track is really helpful IMO.

Hope this could help :slight_smile:

Cheers !

Thanks for listens! And thanks for the detailed feedback!

1 Like

My new track is linked near the bottom of this page. A listen would be really appreciated!

https://forums.sonicacademy.com/t/sean-donnelly-amulet/

Moderator EDIT : Let’s keep it one track per topic, it makes it more easy for people to follow.
I’ve linked your new Track Feedback topic for “Amulet” here and replaced the SoundCloud Link in the dedicated topic because your link was broken & not working :slight_smile: