David McLean - Dark Matter

My latest track - thoughts comments and feedback welcome please.br
br
iframe width=“100%” height=“166” scrolling=“no” frameborder=“no” src=“https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F108294791”/iframe

Sounds cool, thou i dont like the trance stab, you should go for a more Detroit techno stab

Hey Davidbr
br
I like it too. Though there’s a few things I would look at if it were mine. As Michael said, a detroit type stab may fit better with the vibe of the track. Also, have you thought of having it play a seperate rhythmic riff at the end of every 4 or eight bars instead of just repeating the same rhythm? Kind of like a pause for drama three or four stab riff?br
br
Also, the vocal stab, maybe hold back the current pattern you’re using for the higher energy parts of the track or for builds? So, have a simpler version for the lower energy sections. That way, you’d have more distinction between the sections.br
br
Lastly, for the second half of the track it feels very full on for about three minutes or more. Have you thought about tacking away some or much of the drum parts for a bar or more to have a drop back in energy?br
br
Hope that helps.

Thanks guys, feedback appreciated.br
br
Noted what you said about the stab. Would be interested to hear what other people think of the stab as well - does everyone think that it doesn’t fit the vibe of the rest of the track? I think it sounds okay, but my judgement might be impaired as the producer of the track?br
br
Also, yes noted about the other things you said, which i guess are down to arrangement as much as anything else. But i guess these are the more advanced areas of production i.e. creating little variations and edits to take the track to the next level and keep it interesting, so i’m going to try and incorporate these points into my new track.br
br
Thanks again guys for your feedback, really appreciated.br
br
If anyone else has any comments, please let me know. Thank you!

The stab really puts me of the tracks just reminds me of mid 90’s cheesy trancebr

Ah that’s probably what it is then - i grew up on mid-90’s trance, so i have a soft spot for it!br
br
But perhaps it’s time for me to move on!br
br
br
br

I really like the panning on the stabs though, really spacey feeling.br
br
But I agree with the energy of the track, it feels quite full on through its entirity. Maybe remove elements of the drums and bring them back in to give it a bit of variety?