Daw poll

again this is multiple choice

sorry for some reason the poll has cut off reason and Orion :slight_smile:

Where’s Ejay?

how could i forget that one lol

Jon grab me on msn

lol @ ejay

Ableton seems to be running away with it!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

It was to be expected though, i am surprised by some of the other daws not getting any votes though but to be fair there has not been that many people voting.

It was to be expected though, i am surprised by some of the other daws not getting any votes though but to be fair there has not been that many people voting.

It’s quite an interesting poll actually because it does help get an idea what the general SA members are using.

that’s one reason behind doing the poll, the other reason for me at least was for when i get bored i’m gonna have a go at making some synth patches for the internal plug-ins.

hopefully this will work towards a preset & patch sharing thread

ABLETON RULEZ!!!:hehe:

[quote]roben (12/2/2009)[hr]It’s quite an interesting poll actually because it does help get an idea what the general SA members are using.

[/quote]

Yeah the results from the poll so far seem to suggest the majority of users who bothered voting use Ableton.

I can’t help thinking that the content here should continue to reflect that.

As SA continues to expand it may well have to spread itself even thinner than it already has and unless we get more content creators that will inevitably mean less content per host or more dupes.

Having said that who knows how many users here haven’t yet voted?

i say just stick with ableton and logic

I wonder if peole like myself only got ableton because that’s what S.A generally use?

Ableton is the hottest DAW at the moment, IMO. It is unconventional and fits the need for all different types of producers and performers. It is very nontraditional and changes the way people make music.

jon thats a hell of a idea, that would cool if we all started sharing patches and presets between each other, maybe even loop sharing?

i’m surprised s/a did not do a poll to find out what daw there subscribers use before starting to branch out into doing tut’s on other daws

[quote]roben (12/2/2009)[hr]It’s quite an interesting poll actually because it does help get an idea what the general SA members are using.

[/quote]

It only shows what forum users are using. Most people don’t use the forum much if at all.

Maybe Ableton users are more likely to be beginners so use the forums more?

Personally I feel Ableton isn’t the best DAW to demonstrate lessons on as it has some very specific features that don’t translate well to other DAWs. Most Ableton users will be able to follow a lesson that was done in Logic while the same can’t be said the other way around.

[quote]mat1 (12/4/2009)[hr]

It only shows what forum users are using. Most people don’t use the forum much if at all.

Maybe Ableton users are more likely to be beginners so use the forums more?

Personally I feel Ableton isn’t the best DAW to demonstrate lessons on as it has some very specific features that don’t translate well to other DAWs. Most Ableton users will be able to follow a lesson that was done in Logic while the same can’t be said the other way around.[/quote]

Yeah point taken but whatever daw is chosen as the standard for tutorials someones gonna kick up especially if internal plugs are used.

I found watching both the logic and cubase tutorial vids very painful indeed.

Everything seems to take so many steps in those hosts compared to Ableton which can do most things with just a couple of clicks.

Its also worth pointing out that Sonic Academy also run courses locally where the use of daws is probably more evenly spread amongst Logic/Cubase and Ableton Live users but here in the forums I think Ableton has the edge over the daws.