Dcam Synth squad

Hello all,

im looking to get DCAM, but im just wondering what your experience is with it?

also

can any one give a brief detail about each element e.g storbe what it is best used for (basses, synths, strings etc.)

thanks

Jason

best synths I have ever bought.

Strobe is great for basses, pads & leads.

Cypher is great for keys, pads, leads, strings and basses as well.

Amber is good for pads, keys, leads & strings.

What Dub said :slight_smile:

I’ve never used it personally but I know deadmau5 swears up and down by it. I think he uses everything they make. If you want examples, he’s said his song Strobe is named after the DCAM Strobe synth (which is the lead sound) and the live sounding drums in FML are DCAM’s BFD.

[quote]jwalley08 (24/01/2011)[hr]I’ve never used it personally but I know deadmau5 swears up and down by it. I think he uses everything they make. If you want examples, he’s said his song Strobe is named after the DCAM Strobe synth (which is the lead sound) and the live sounding drums in FML are DCAM’s BFD.[/quote]

yah he named strobe after the synth. i had thought that he used it for every sound int he track.

I love it. Its the best sounding soft synth IMO. And at that price, you get three synths, its a steal.

[quote]dubVision (24/01/2011)[hr][quote]jwalley08 (24/01/2011)[hr]I’ve never used it personally but I know deadmau5 swears up and down by it. I think he uses everything they make. If you want examples, he’s said his song Strobe is named after the DCAM Strobe synth (which is the lead sound) and the live sounding drums in FML are DCAM’s BFD.[/quote]

yah he named strobe after the synth. i had thought that he used it for every sound int he track.[/quote]

I knew he did the lead but wasn’t sure about the rest of them so I didn’t say them. Regardless, just hearing those two tracks is enough to convince me they’re worth it without even trying them. :slight_smile:

easy one of the best synth set’s on the market.

It’s like korg legacy on steroids

You know Future Music magazine has ranked it their #1 soft synth for months now and MusicRadar.com gave it 5 stars, so I checked out videos on YouTube and liked the sounds.

IMHO, however, I downloaded the demo version when I was just starting to learn about using subtractive synths and I was totally overwhelmed–now that I’m more comfortable with LFOs, ARDS, and Envelopes I would like to look at it again, but the demo time has expired. I tried deleting all the files on my Mac and even created a new account, but alas it won’t let me try it out again.

I’d say if you’re new like me, then Sylenth1 is really awesome–very straight forward. Not only am I learning on it, it sounds good while I do–not some kinda training wheels “almost” synth.