Deadmau5 is creating a track in ableton live.... live

Hey guys, just thought I’d let you know that Deadmau5 is creating a track right now (at a very easy pace) and thought some of you who are on right now would like to see it.

Cheers http://www.ustream.tv/deadmau5

I’m not trying to advertise, just share :slight_smile:

well, nevermind he stopped sorry guys…

Yeh man, I was watching that too but my connection on the boat is so crappy it was skipping out and everything. He started out listening to Britney Spears’ new song but the dubstep in it made him unhappy so he tried to explain the difference between her sound and a more usual dubstep sound and then kept going on and on and on until he eventually got into ableton and plug ins and all sorts of stuff. Whether you like him or not it actually was a REALLY good learning opportunity.

Oh, and for only using like 15 minutes he pretty much got closer to the Skrillex bass than like 90% of the tries I’ve heard and he didn’t use hardly anything to do it. :cool:

I popped in right when he stopped but it was still interesting, he talked a bit after. Pretty funny guy :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]jwalley08 (20/01/2011)[hr]Yeh man, I was watching that too but my connection on the boat is so crappy it was skipping out and everything. He started out listening to Britney Spears’ new song but the dubstep in it made him unhappy so he tried to explain the difference between her sound and a more usual dubstep sound and then kept going on and on and on until he eventually got into ableton and plug ins and all sorts of stuff. Whether you like him or not it actually was a REALLY good learning opportunity.

Oh, and for only using like 15 minutes he pretty much got closer to the Skrillex bass than like 90% of the tries I’ve heard and he didn’t use hardly anything to do it. :cool:[/quote]

He made a basic Yoi and modulated it more but his limiter processing was good

[quote]Subject 1 (20/01/2011)[hr][quote]jwalley08 (20/01/2011)[hr]Yeh man, I was watching that too but my connection on the boat is so crappy it was skipping out and everything. He started out listening to Britney Spears’ new song but the dubstep in it made him unhappy so he tried to explain the difference between her sound and a more usual dubstep sound and then kept going on and on and on until he eventually got into ableton and plug ins and all sorts of stuff. Whether you like him or not it actually was a REALLY good learning opportunity.

Oh, and for only using like 15 minutes he pretty much got closer to the Skrillex bass than like 90% of the tries I’ve heard and he didn’t use hardly anything to do it. :cool:[/quote]

He made a basic Yoi and modulated it more but his limiter processing was good[/quote]

Right on, I just liked it because everyone’s always like MASSIVE BLAHBLAHBLAH and he was just like 3 plug ins. Done. Haha.

Also, as a person who loves death metal, the part where he was trying to make it was fraking hysterical.

Also, for all those who missed it.

Part 1 (1:53:25) The good stuff we’re talking about starts at 58:30.

Part 2 (18:16)

Do a lot of different artists do these things? I’ve never seen anything like this before.

I love it when he say “I guess she can ***** do whatever she wants” in reference to the way the Wobble Bass sounds. So true Joel, so true.

yeah a bunch of artists do this streaming, usually not when in the studio and producing like deadmau5 does in his home… but its fun to see.

Thanks for uploading the videos of the stream, makes the thread a lot more worth while.:wink: