Deep House course work completed

Hello again. I think i’ve finished the track. Could you let me know where my weak points are and what skills I need to work on please.br
br
br
br

Drums and bass sound great… br
br
I not really feeling the piano… its sounds like it just sitting on top of everything… either make it more percussive or try a different sound. some extreme sidechain compression could help too.br
br
the big distorted bass that comes in just isnt working… its far to aggressive and seems to be at odds with the rest of the track… i actually like the melody its playing but the sound is way off…br
br
you could try some thing like the classic Juno hoover type sound with filter on it gibe a nice deep sub vibe. There are some in ANA

Thanks Phil. Am working on some improvements. You dont like the dirty bit? I thought as it was quite short, was hoping it wouldnt be to radical for that type of track.

The dirty bit is certainly well dont but I don’t think it goes well with with the rest of the track either. You should scrap it and save the patch for a future project.

Thanks for the feedback, most appreciated. Going to try some Juno like Phil said.

Version 2. Radically overhauled. Not happy with a certain bit of it but not sure how to fix it.br
br
iframe width=“100%” height=“166” scrolling=“no” frameborder=“no” src=“https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F86761281amp;color=004effamp;auto_play=falseamp;show_artwork=false”/iframe

Like the sounds you replaced… sounds more gelled together now.br
br
not sure why the clap is intermittent… would just have it running all the time and mixed a bit lower with a touch of reverb.br
br
The mix is still off quite a bit.br
br
Everything sounds like its fighting for the same space… similar to the discussion we where having herebr
br
Its really just a case of beng more mindful of the frequency areas you want each of your sounds to sit in… you want to try to create more space but EQ cutting certain Fres to leave space for other areas.br
br
It can be very easy to just keep trying to mix evrything so they are all up front but then you just have things fighting for the same sapce.br
br
Start with kick and bass and work your way up through the freq spectrum adding sounds individually making sure you are eqing out any unwanted bass.br
br
at the moment your kick is getting a bit lost… it can take a few goes with balancing levels to get the kick sitting loud enough.br
br
have you watched the Creating space tutorial?

Thanks for the reply Phil. No, I’ve not watched that yet. I will try again, and get back to you. Thanks again for the guidance.