Deep House Pad and Stab

Hi Phil and SA Teambr
br
Please, please help us Deep House Producers!!!br
br
How to create a Deep House Pad (in a way that it does not sound trance), starting at 0:25 in the Youtube video:br
br

1. Deep Housebr
  2. Claptonebr
  3. No Eyesbr
  4. Claptone - No Eyes feat. Jaw | Exploited - YouTube
    br
    How to create a Deep House Stab (in a way that it does not sound trance), starting at 1:36 in the Youtube video:br
    br
  5. Deep Housebr
  6. Claptonebr
  7. No Eyesbr
  8. Claptone - No Eyes feat. Jaw | Exploited - YouTube
    br
    Thanks so much in advance!br
    br
    bluebirdbr

Your #1 friend, the autofilter. Lowpass.

p.s. I didn’t watch the video, but I play that song in my sets and love it. It’s piano chords, and synth stabs with filters.

p.s. I didn’t watch the video, but I play that song in my sets and love it. It’s piano chords, and synth stabs with filters.

hello junior memberbr
br
thank you for your answer.br
br
however, it’s not that easy.br
br

1. is it just to use the right synth? - any idea which one??br
    br
  2. are there more/other tweaks to make with the synth? - any instruction??br
    br
    br
    a big thank you to everyone helping here!br
    br
    (hopefully also Phil and team will “log on”)br
    br
    br
    bluebird

Bluebird,br
br
It is that easy, yet it’s not. If you want those sounds, it’s very basic. There are a couple of techniques if you want that reverse-ish feel on the pad (which I will get to).br
br

1. Pad Sound - It’s not really a pad per se. It just sounds like a synth chord that is sustained with a little release time on the envelope. The sound itself is probably a couple of waves (saw and sine, saw and pulse???). It’s hard to tell cuz it’s filtered down. The filtering is KEY. Like I said, it’s VERY basic. To give it a little body, the track might have been doubled and panned with a little chorus.br
    br
    To get that reverse-ish kind of sound following the 3rd chord hit, it is probably done like this:br
    br
  2. Get your sound (short attack, medium decay, medium sustain and medium release) ballparkbr
  3. Now duplicate that trackbr
  4. On the copy make the synth have a (long attack, short decay, medium to long decay and NO RELEASE).br
  5. Time the chord (one made in step 1) so that it ends when the other chord’s beginning (altered duplicate made in step 3). It will take time to get them timed up correctly.br
    br
  6. Stab Sound - This is really pretty basic. Again, it’s filtered down with a low pass filter a lot. I would say it sounds like a piano that is filtered down.br
    br
  7. Other Stab Sound - If you’re talking about the other stab sound, there are TONS of tutorials on this site that teach you how to make this sound. It’s just a basic rhodes, organ-ish or house stab that is filtered down a lot. Short attack, decay, high sustain and short release). There is also another sound that is way below it that is being delayed. So you have the stab and another stab (playing the same notes) with the second one being delayed. br
    br
    Open and close the filters on the synths SLIGHTLY throughout to give the element of change over time.br
    br
    Hope this helps,br
    MB-NYCbr
    br
    br

^^^This guy nailed it. br

The other important thing about these deep house chords is that they’re often sevenths. So a combination of the root, third, fifth and seventh note in the scale. The seventh gives it a jazzy unstable feel. br
br
You could always create the stab as has been described above then bounce it to audio. Then put it in a sampler and using just one midi note play the sampled chord which can recreate the way older deep house tracks were produced.

hi MB-NYC - thank you very very much for your taking time and answering here. it sounds very knowledgeable!! i will have to work on it still yet… but just wanted to let you know that i appreciate your answer a lot. best, bluebird

The pad/chords in Claptone - No Eyes are sampled from Laid Back - Bakermanbr
br
[url]Laid Back - Baker Man - YouTube

[quote]dilby (20/02/2014)[hr]The pad/chords in Claptone - No Eyes are sampled from Laid Back - Bakermanbr
br
br
Actually, it might be replayed on a Rhodes organ from kontact but it is definitely the chords from Bakerman. The stabs are also on an organ playing an octave higher.

[quote]dilby (20/02/2014)[hr]The pad/chords in Claptone - No Eyes are sampled from Laid Back - Bakermanbr
br
br
Actually, it might be replayed on a Rhodes organ from kontact but it is definitely the chords from Bakerman. The stabs are also on an organ playing an octave higher.