Deep House Production Tips

Hello all - I am reasonably new to producing and have just purchased the Reason Course from here & found it really useful - giving me the knowledge I need to make some tracks in an way I can easily understand.

I am wanting to produce some deep house tracks using reason and am looking for some pointers.

I have got some good samples to use, but really want to know some techniques for programming this genre i.e how to do drum loops, basslines, leads. What are good kits / instruments to use etc.

Obviously I am finding my way with experimentation & creativity and am learning more each day, but any advice welcomed.

Cheers D-No, Brighton :)

If you give me a few tracks or artists you are listening to i can look them up and see if i can put together a quick tutorial for you.

Great -

The vibe I am trying to create is deep, atmospheric and melodic but with some punch and drive to it also.

Labels - OM, Freerange, Buzzin Fly, Salted, King Street, Large

Artists - Timmy Vegas, Jon Cutler, Hipp-E, Jay-J, Scott Wozniak

Some tracks -

Sunshine Jones - If You Wouldn’t Mind (Tiger Stripes Remix) - King Street & Nite Grooves

Johnny Young - ‘Non Violence’ (Spirit Chaser RMX) - Guess US

1st Class - Sharing Transparently (Jon Silva Deep House Mix) - Christian Records

Timmy Vegas - As Is The Ocean (Knee Deep RMX) - Universe Media 

yea would be interested in some of these tips too!!