Deep housish snippet of Addict

Hi guys! This is one of the projects I’m currently working on. Hope you already like it and can give me some feedback/comment/anything ;)br
br
iframe width=“100%” height=“166” scrolling=“no” frameborder=“no” src=“https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F83352123”/iframe

Hey Danielbr
br
Sounds fine to me. Looking forward to hearing the finished track.

I think the sound that you have is really good, you have quite a nice kind of unique sound, where the tracks sound quite minimal and dry, but there is just enough there to keep me interested, and you always seem to have lots of emotion and atmosphere in your tracks, which for me, is the most important thing of all.br
br
But something is missing, and i think it is that you can make each part of your track a little big ‘bigger’ and more powerful in the mix.br
br
Am i right in thinking you don’t have too many parts playing at the same time in your tracks? Maybe 6 or 7 at a time at most?br
br
I think you can maybe widen and boost the frequency content of some parts a bit more- to give each part a little more space and impact in the mix? To fill out the mix a bit more.

Well, thanks all for the quick feedback. This is actually what it looks like:br

br
The snippet posted above only holds the selected first bars. As you can see there’s actually already quite a lot going on. Up to bar 9 there are indeed some 6 to 7 parts. But after that the hats, crashes/rides and snares/claps are introduced.br
br
Will post the full track soon. Still busy with the finishing touch :wink:

Id love to be at the standard you are at with your drum arrangement,br
br
The groove and swing make it a real head nodder/ toe tapper.br
br
For some reason on the bass drop I immediately taught Paul Kalkbrenner, Im not sure why but that cant be anything but good.

Just wondering, I know its all personal pref but why do you separate all your drums so much? Seems like a lot of hassle to me aha! I like it though, great perc work :slight_smile:

Why don’t I use a drumkit or something alike you mean?br
I do it this way so I have more control over all the separate elements. I can bring in or get out some or all open hats, another snare or clap pattern, etc. more easily.br
br
Besides that, I can automate the different envelopes more quickly as well. And set the gain or change it better.br
br
Group sounds by color and frequency spectrum. This helps me in having some sort of uniform EQ-ing compression. br
br
It’s all more about the workflow you get used to and that works for you :wink:

No completely my mistake, I didnt see that they were all open groups/drumracks. I thought they were all individual tracks :stuck_out_tongue: Makes sense to me now :smiley:

Yes, post the full track up when you’re done, and i’ll comment some more.

Yeah really like this little groove, different as well!

Had another listen and tried to put my finger on what it is that i feel is lacking or missing in the track.br
br
I think what it is, is maybe that all the parts in the track are kind of ‘nice’ sounding, they are pretty gentle and ‘relaxing’, so for me, i don’t think there is that little bit of contrast in the track, that i think pretty much most great tracks have.br
br
For example, i think maybe i would like it more if you had a part that was ‘dirty’, maybe heavy distorted with a guitar amp or overdrive or something, to give the track a bit of an edge?br
br
Sorry if i’m not making perfect sense here, i have to be honest and say that i am struggling a little to figure out exactly what it is that i find missing from the track.br
br
But i think it might be what i have just said - do you have any parts in the track that are ‘dirty’ sounding i.e. where you have added distortion of any kind?

lol its only the first minute poor chap :stuck_out_tongue:

David, I’m almost finished, but what you are writing down there is correct. Every track needs a bit of dirt. Thanks for having another listen to elaborate

No problem. Post the full track up when done, and i’ll have a listen at the whole thing and provide further comments.