Determining Pitch of Kick

Hey guys, just getting into mixing kicks with Kick synth. I was hoping someone could tell me which part of the kick wave determines the pitch(should all frequencies of the kick be in the same key?/what determines the overall note of the kick). Thanks everyone.

It’s normally just the last 2br
br
Keep them them same.

[quote]tmygn (07/01/2014)[hr]Hey guys, just getting into mixing kicks with Kick synth. I was hoping someone could tell me which part of the kick wave determines the pitch(should all frequencies of the kick be in the same key?/what determines the overall note of the kick). Thanks everyone.[/quote]br
br
i was wondering the same. so its not the click or the peek of the kick its the tale, last two notes determines the note of the kick? ok

Hi Guy’s,br
What’s the deal as far as some of the presets that have 2 different notes as the last 2?Do you then use the last note to determine the key? br
br
Cheersbr
Paul

you could add a tuner to your master bus and see what key the kick is in if your stuck. I’ve noticed that if the last note is say E it does not correspond with the tuner.

Some kicks are atonal… i.e. they don’t have a fundamental note… its really just the Audien, Hardwell and techno kicks with the sustained note that you need to tune them… for punchier kicks… i.e. DB, Trance etc. you don’t need to worry about it.

Cheers Phil:)