Digital distribution

I just did this article about it, and as it had kinda come up in various forms recently in some of the threads thought it might be of interest:

Click Here

Wouldn’t normally spam for my own site but hey, once in a while I hope it’s not too bad.

Also I have some codes to give away giving you a 3 track release on iTunes for free if that’s of interest. Details in the article.

Peace

Cool beans man thanks. I’ll check it out on a real comp hehe I’m farting around with my fiancée smart phone atm so I’m trapped on a tiny little screen

good post james, id like to hear from boneidol, yacine, or robbie styles and talk about their experiences with their digital releases and what to expect

Nice post man, I’ll take a wee read of this now with my Weetabix. Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

[quote]tommyt (16/06/2010)[hr]good post james, id like to hear from boneidol, yacine, or robbie styles and talk about their experiences with their digital releases and what to expect[/quote]

I guess if you get on the right label you can do alright, its all good to get your music on Beatport etc… but if you are wanting to make a career of the back of digital downloads its defo a no no, certainly helps hitting the various charts to help raise your profile.

Paul

Interesting responses.

I never thought about the money aspect of it. To me getting a tune out was just a landmark, or act of vanity… ha whichever.

Seems weird to me that people who make music might NOT want to do it…

But then that’s why I am here I guess, to see how other people do things.

The thing is when i first started making music, i just wanted it out there, but its more about promotion these days, yea fair enough your track is sat on beatport, but if people dont know its there its kinda a wasted journey, you want your music to be heard by as many ears as possiable, but its kinda hard when you just starting out.  The main download sites only tend to support established artists etc… so i can see how that distrubution service could help ppl out as there not laying massive costs down & you never you could get what you put down back.

Paul