Dj Biography

This is a question iv been wondering about.

How would you go about getting a bio/description of yourself done.

What do you put into the bio, how do you present it. any information would be appreciated.

Just say NO to writing about yourself in the third person perspective! loool

:stuck_out_tongue:

No but seriously, just explain what you’ve done, what you’re about, that kinda thing. Try not to be cheesy or write too much because people cant be arsed to read essays.

Just get the points across, but also sell yourself. Basically it’s promoters that will be reading as well so you want to sell yourself to them in your bio.

Cheers roben, i dont like to brag so i was finding it difficult to write something about myself, id prefer for someone else to write it for a reason. but you know that for djing and producing ni ya need to have some type of biography for promoters/labels to take you serious as a professional. thanks.

If you’re really stuck for ideas, try looking at various artists myspace profiles. They normally all have a little bit of write up.

I got my friends to write it for me!!! :smiley:

check my Dj profile here!!

www.simple2nes.comle

thanks

Another good idea is to visit major booking agents sites read what they have on each of their DJ’s and also download their PressKits to see what they have in the bio vs what they leave for the PressKit and what they choose to leave out all together. Try and checkout DJ’s you already know a lot about it really does help to know what they choose to leave out when forming any type of press release or bio. It’s all about branding branding branding when it comes to print.

Yeah i must agree that its best to get one of your mates to write it for you…preferbely a fellow DJ/Producer(who has a degree in English lit)…Give them all the details about your your past…ie… how you started,gigs, who you have played with, promotions you have done, awards you may have won, Events and labels you are involved with… etc.

Ive tried to do my own Bio, and have stuggled…I find it hard to write about myself without trying to sound too “big headed” if you know what i mean! :slight_smile:

[quote]krisdjsteel (13/02/2010)[hr]Another good idea is to visit major booking agents sites read what they have on each of their DJ’s and also download their PressKits to see what they have in the bio vs what they leave for the PressKit and what they choose to leave out all together. Try and checkout DJ’s you already know a lot about it really does help to know what they choose to leave out when forming any type of press release or bio. It’s all about branding branding branding when it comes to print.[/quote]

x2