DJ Jeff Gray -For The Beat

Hi all,br
br
I’ve just placed my first dance track on Youtube and would love some feedback…br
br
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3KX6IhyqQUbr
br
I’ve been making tunes for just under 12 months, and this is the first dance track. Sitting at 135bpm, it’s a little quicker that most of my stuff.br
br
More than happy to receive to constructive criticism. It’s not intended for release, I just wanted to get it out there. br
br
Cheers.

Nice melody but you really need to look at more varitation, fx and layers. To me it just sounded like one synth and a kick drum. Maybe watch the mainroom house tutorial and the prog house. Helped me alot :)br
br
Stu

i agree with xpa on the variation…br
br
also i couldnt hear a bassline in the track, maybe im crazy but other than the kick the low end seems to be nonexistent

Thanks both…br
br
I’m not sure if it’s just the style that I use, but there are two synths layered together. And there is a bass, it’s sidechained to the kick.br
br
If I mute one of the synths, the sound changes completely. Same with the bass. If I mute it, it’s obviously missing.br
br
I think the approach that I take is that the bass is not an overly defining feature of my music, I use it to simply fill the bottom end.br
br
Thanks again.

[quote]graytec (14/04/2013)[hr]Thanks both…br
br
I’m not sure if it’s just the style that I use, but there are two synths layered together. And there is a bass, it’s sidechained to the kick.br
br
If I mute one of the synths, the sound changes completely. Same with the bass. If I mute it, it’s obviously missing.br
br
I think the approach that I take is that the bass is not an overly defining feature of my music, I use it to simply fill the bottom end.br
br
Thanks again.[/quote]br
br
Ok but this doesn’t change what I can hear?!?

Not at all… Nor was it intended to. I was simply outlining that what you did hear was a deliberate act on my part.br
br
I do appreciate your feedback though.