Djs that suck!

phew !! i am very frustrated about many kids that want to Dj and they actually cant hold a Crowd.

I been resident in this Night Club almost for 3 months and there is other 2 Djs that we tag along sets .

definetly this guys have been Djing for many years and when headliners comes they actually are able to incorporate their Music to open sets . respecting other Djs and Headliners.

now tonight!!! one of those guys who want to look good and act like Rockstar just showed up and joined to tag team with me at the Club . he got that gig because his uncle is the owner of the Club . anyways this kid was loosing the dance floor like no other . i mean he was just playing Ridiculous **** .

Like a Virgin ??? Madonna !! you got to be ***ing kidding me . every time i try to save the dance Floor he always end up killing it . causing many people to leave the Club .

now this is a typical example that there is people who want to be Rockstars Djing and trying to Dj just to hook up with drunk Whores and for ego . i mean this **** was ridiculous . I got to the point that i wanted to go home early because he ruined the Image of our Night there .

horrible Night for me :frowning:

GN

The industry is full of them mate, literally crammed full of them. If you took all the DJs collectivly and counted up, i’m pretty confident you’d find only a small % are able to work a crowd / interact / entertain and be in it for the passion and love.

[quote]roben (24/07/2010)[hr]The industry is full of them mate, literally crammed full of them. If you took all the DJs collectivly and counted up, i’m pretty confident you’d find only a small % are able to work a crowd / interact / entertain and be in it for the passion and love.[/quote]

True .!!

dude i’ve had dj’s that turn up to play first at a night, open the technics and speed the up to ±16 so they can bang hard house out at 160-170 BPM (***** retards) if they wanted to play at that speed why not become a hardcore DJ and why say that they can do a warm up set for House. even Hardhouse Very rarely sounds good over 145-150 bpm but you still get those wet behind the ears djs that think its cool to bang em out to an empty dance floor.

I’ve had to remove someone from the decks before because they were so bad. He arrived smashed and I was stupid to let him go on. I’d warmed the dance floor up nicely and he cleared it in about 3 tunes. Kicked him off because I could… any promoter worth his salt should do the same (ok so I’m not a promoter but I was handling the talent that night). I rescued it in the end but it annoyed the **** out of me.

He turned up at another gig I was doing shortly after and sucked too… I wonder if he’s still going strong!

[quote]bouffont (25/07/2010)[hr]I’ve had to remove someone from the decks before because they were so bad. He arrived smashed and I was stupid to let him go on. I’d warmed the dance floor up nicely and he cleared it in about 3 tunes. Kicked him off because I could… any promoter worth his salt should do the same (ok so I’m not a promoter but I was handling the talent that night). I rescued it in the end but it annoyed the **** out of me.

He turned up at another gig I was doing shortly after and sucked too… I wonder if he’s still going strong!

[/quote]

Yeah not a good idea to do a gig smashed… had a gig which happened to be on my bday so I was a bit smashed… lost my ***** external hard drive with all my tunes and the DJ who was on next was a no show… nightmare… I was using traktor so **** knows what I played after the set I had planned… everyone says I played a good set but cant remember a bloody thing after about 3 tunes… my mrs was like how the **** did u manage to play a set it that state, and I seen the pics… not pretty… hadnt even drank that much… musta been that crazy plant food **** someone gave me before it was banned!!

Will not be doing that again!

I’m an awful DJ if I’ve been drinking. I never used to drink at gigs until after I’d played. I even went one NYE without a drop! That was agony though!

i really dont give a **** if you get Drunk or high or whatever . DO NOT PLAY BAD MUSIC !!!

Real Djs care about the crowd , Wannabes just want attention

that is all i got to say :slight_smile:

A few drinks is ok, I have some all the time, i mean not to the point of being pissed but just merry you know?

It makes it all more fun and i feel you’re more on the same level with the punters on the dancefloor, which is kinda where you wanna be if you’re wanting to move them and keep them entertained.

Speaking of bad DJs…

The DJ on after me last night didn’t show up!!! Needless to say the promoter was P***** OFF, he was contacted to say why, but still, was poor form, especially considering the crap excuse.

So me and him went back to back for a bit till close.