DJ's wanted!

Hi Guysbr
br
We are looking for House and Funky house DJ’s to perform for our Love Struck house club nightsbr
br
Love Stuck will be based in the midlands UK (1st one in Shrewsbury) and we are looking for 8 to 15 house/Funky house DJ’s to play 20 to 40 minute sets (set time is dependents on the amount of DJ’s we have on the night)br
br
if you are interested - please send us your house/funky house demo mix’s tobr
br
ThisIsLoveStruck@gmail.combr
br
Whilst I love Deep house, Tech House and all other sub genre’s of house… for the love Struck events we are strictly only looking for Classic house and Funky Housebr
br
We look forward to hearing from you soon!!br
br
Jbr
Love Struck

20 minute sets?!nbsp;Play, what, 4 tracks each? WTF! That isn’t DJing, that is a jukebox./PPEven 40 minutes isnbsp;way too short. A lot ofnbsp;places do 1 hour sets these days to try an get as many people to come as possible (each DJ will bring a certain amount of friends) but I think this is the wrong approach. DJs need time to do their job properly.

Hi Ant - thanks for your reply and inputbr
br
as we don’t currently know what number of dj’s we will have on the night we are totally flexible on set times - i agree with you - 1 hour is more suitable br
br
We are open at this stage as we are in the very early stages of planning - meaning we can be flexible br
br
thanks again!

Jason - i totally agree with Ant, 20 minute sets is absolutely ridiculous.br
br
Personally i am reluctant to play out if i’m not offered at least 1 hour as an absolute minimum.br
br
If you’re going to do this night - please do it properly and in a way that gives each DJ a proper platform with which to work.

reducing the amount of DJ’s you have play in one night will often reduce track repeats and there for make for a better night, look for DJ’s that not only bring a good bunch of people with them with decent attitudes but also DJ’s that the crowd actually like. People talk and a good DJ will pull in more punters, A DJ that brings his own mate can be good but if he’s not enjoyed by the rest of the people there you may end up with the same stagnant crowd or 20 mates week after week. br
br
Most good DJ’s are going to require an Hour minimum sometimes maybe even two or three hours. br
br
If you are running till late 4-6 DJ’s in one night is more than enough, if you have enough DJ’s to pick from then you can alway rotate them and their set times to find out which guys pull in the better crowd. br
br
Always keep an eye out for idiots and trouble makers, if you don’t control them from the offset you’ll soon have a night that no matter who you put on people won’t want to come to.br