Do You Ever Give Yourself Chills?

Yesterday my brother came up with a really awesome 4 bar melody on they keys.

I literally spent 6 hours and stayed up till 3am to work on this track.

Since switching to ableton & joining this site I seem to be really learning quickly.

Last night was the first time I ever gave myself chills from music that I was making.

It was like I was on fire with picking sounds and making additions & changes to his 4 bars.

I wound up getting 30 different sounds blending together and wrapped up in my work.

On top of that I got like 60% of the song arranged out ( I am sure that I will keep making changes and perfecting it as I introduce a few more things, but it was quick…)

I even got a couple of the breakdowns, drops, builds and more automated and ready.

I’m really looking forward to tonight when I go home to keep working on it. I want it perfect.

Big Ups to SA for teaching me how to do it… Cause last night I gave myself a chill.

Anybody else experience a breakthrough like this?

It was like a rude awakening to know that… sh*t I might actually get good at this.

Once it is done I’m thinking this is the first song I’m gunna have 2 share with you all.

I sometimes get chills when I look in the mirror and realise I’m sexay. :wink:

No seriously, sounds like your having fun and that’s the best part. Can’t wait to hear your track!

Nice one! It’s great when that happens :slight_smile:

I actually got the same feeling last night. I just kept working on it and it felt great.

[quote]howiegroove (20/07/2010)[hr]I actually got the same feeling last night. I just kept working on it and it felt great.[/quote]

Yeah man. nothing else like it.

I was addicted to it like never before. I know its not done… but cool knowing it drives you.

thats really the only time i continue wtih a project. I dont want to put out mediocre stuff.

[quote]howiegroove (20/07/2010)[hr]thats really the only time i continue wtih a project. I dont want to put out mediocre stuff.[/quote]

Neither do I. Def agree. I have heard to much **** to pretend like something mediocre is any good.

This is probably the biggest reason I havnt been sharing track with people yet.

So far I have gone through 5 full tutorials on SA and composed another 4-5 originals…

And then there are the couple dozen half / idea tracks…

But none of them were really great.

My taste is jaded from all the great music I have heard over the years.

So my biggest rule is that I want to wait until it is perfect.

Knowing that you love it too is a great motivator.

I agree…

On a side note, I got chills when I saw this naked chick…uhhh…nevermind :wink:

@Howie

Hey Man - Thats Off Topic!

:wink:

[quote]UnitedVision (20/07/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (20/07/2010)[hr]thats really the only time i continue wtih a project. I dont want to put out mediocre stuff.[/quote]
 I have heard to much **** to pretend like something mediocre is any good.

This is probably the biggest reason I havnt been sharing track with people yet.

[/quote]

Welcome to my world… Getting better though.

Its one day @ a time! LOL

[quote]ICN (20/07/2010)[hr]@Howie

;)[/quote]

LOL

[quote]slender (20/07/2010)[hr][quote]ICN (20/07/2010)[hr]@Howie

;)[/quote]

LOL

[/quote]

never…

[quote]howiegroove (20/07/2010)[hr]I actually got the same feeling last night. I just kept working on it and it felt great.[/quote]

Yeah defo man, I was chatting to a producer friend of mine (had releases on toolroom etc) and he said he just pushes out 2 tunes a week, a lot of the times he doesn’t even like the tunes.

For me, I totally agree with you Howie (for once :wink: ) i’ve gotta feel my tracks, ok so maybe i may only push out a handful of good ones in a year, but at least they’ve all connected with me in some way.

It may explain why there is so much mediocre music out there in this digital age?

I dont know, it might have been the SHM article, but they were saying that with about 1000 releases each week, how do you set yourself apart from everyone else? There is so much garbage out there. Thats what was great about vinyl because if you got your music out on vinyl, you know it was good. Now, any joe schmoe can get his **** released. Thats why I will not release my stuff through small labels, unless I get a good advance and there is a future involved.

i give myself chills every time i walk past a mirror

Getting the ‘chills’ is one of the things that makes this lark so exciting… surely it’s what music makers live for? That moment of pure creativity when all of a sudden you have something when previously you had nothing… Those of us who can do this are lucky… not everyone has it in them to create - that’s why some people end up engineers, managers or other jobs related to production. That raw magic has to come from somewhere and whilst learning techniques opens ‘doors’ for you that creative ‘spark’ has to come from somewhere. If you haven’t got it… hook up with someone who has… that’s why production teams exist. Take some pressure off yourselves, some of you just won’t have it in you to do EVERYTHING yourselves… just remember a lot of the big names work with others to help them get the end result. When everything slots together in the creative process, whether on your own or with others - it’s a special moment for sure.

Perhaps you had just left a window open somewhere?

:smiley:

[quote]Kieran Mach (22/07/2010)[hr]Perhaps you had just left a window open somewhere?

:D[/quote]

I was gonna say that too! :wink:

Chills? Yeah. Just taught myself the piano intro from  this.

tears for fears made some cracking tracks.  respect them alot. they aint cool at all… but the best usually aint…