Do you ever

or have you ever shed tears at your own music ??

last night i played a live set in hoxton london and the response was so nice it actually made me cry a bit … this is why i believe we all are doing… or are into this music making thing because we want in some way to be able to connect with people on a different vibration ?

i could never ever show people what i meant with just my voice and limited education , without it sounding like i was taking the piss … … nearly 20 years of doing this stuff live sets etc… and not a lot of money to show for it … but last night i think i read the crowd spot on

and was seriously touched by the response really cool man

i just love dance music people man ,wicked !!!:cool::cool:

Man I am all chocking up

Nah seriously playing live is the bigeest kick ever

Fair play man!

Great one egg. Have you recorded it by any chance?

+1

Good idea man… I’d like to hear him crying too :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :cool: :cool:

the only time i cry is when a pet dies :frowning: would love to get that feeling though egg :cool:

[quote]Mussi81 (18/12/2011)[hr]the only time i cry is when a pet dies :frowning: would love to get that feeling though egg :cool:[/quote]

And what about when your mum dies Mussi? Or are you some kind of Chuck Norris? :wink:

I cry at my music all the time…

but for different reasons. :cry:

[quote]Warbread (19/12/2011)[hr]I cry at my music all the time…

but for different reasons. :'([/quote]

Haha yeah, this.

A student in our department recently performed on stage and sang a spiritual. He was so moved by the song and the way he performed it that he broke down after the performance. Sure, It was well done! After telling him this, I quickly informed him that his job is to make we in the AUDIENCE cry. Not himself.

In other words, I was saying to him in a polite way that the music isn’t all about you, and to remember that he is simply the vehicle through which the music that floats around out there in the ether reaches people that aren’t musicians. Anything more is in danger of being seen as pretentious, especially to other musicians.

J

You heartless bstard Jamie :stuck_out_tongue:

Jamie… you didnt - you ******* bastard :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Terrible. I hope he didnt have suicidal tendancies - I’d hate to be responsible for that :wink: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :smiley: :cool:

_____

Ah no… you are right in a way.

Emotion is fine… but I think the uncontrolable “x-factor” type shaking & sh!tting is completely OTT. Kill 'em all.

[quote]JamieinNC (19/12/2011)[hr]A student in our department recently performed on stage and sang a spiritual. He was so moved by the song and the way he performed it that he broke down after the performance. Sure, It was well done! After telling him this, I quickly informed him that his job is to make we in the AUDIENCE cry. Not himself.

In other words, I was saying to him in a polite way that the music isn’t all about you, and to remember that he is simply the vehicle through which the music that floats around out there in the ether reaches people that aren’t musicians. Anything more is in danger of being seen as pretentious, especially to other musicians.

J

[/quote]

Point missed j, read the end of the post it was the people and the reaction they gave to what i played that touched me man, not because i think my music is so special but the moment was special with the connection made !!:slight_smile:

There are other things that can make you cry while performing. The tear of Sinéad O’Connor was a major event in the clip of Nothing Compares 2 U. And I doubt people thought back then she was overdoing it.

And I can image that singer/songwriters shed some tears while performing a very autobiographic song.

If it’s genuine, it’s genuine.

Daddy/Chips

I’m pretty sure these guys cry at there music every once in a while

Theres a video on youtube of Tiesto crying after a gig he did in Holland years ago. It has a lot of impact, although ive definately had the buzz of playing to a big crowd i have never been reduced to tears… unfortunately :frowning:

.[quote]jjdejong0 (19/12/2011)[hr]Theres a video on youtube of Tiesto crying after a gig he did in Holland years ago. It has a lot of impact, although ive definately had the buzz of playing to a big crowd i have never been reduced to tears… unfortunately :([/quote]

Think  this is the Tiesto one… [url]Tiesto Rocks ((Drunk or Dubbed)) - YouTube

lol :hehe:

this made me cry with laughter lol http://youtu.be/4zx0YYRb5VI