Does Sound Cloud Mess Up Your Track?

I am working on a track. I have been testing bouncing the audio for the track.

When I export to a wav file from ableton and then play the wav file it sounds perfect.

Then if I upload the sample test to soundcloud and play it the whole bass line is really distorted.... Is there something I am doing wrong here? Should I be converting to mp3?

I don't get it. I know its not the file export, because the wav sounds just like it should.

OR, could it be the file export? It just doesnt make sense to me that when I play the wave before uploading its perfect... when i upload and play it sucks my a**.

anyone else have this problem
?

google gave me the answer. when they convert it to 128 mp3 it screws up ur track a bit.

anybody have a better alternative than soundcloud?

i might just resort to uploading 2 my own hosting and playing from there.

I have never had a problem like that with sound cloud. You could always try and convert it to a mp3 it shouldnt distort it that much. /shrug

Sound cloud is very random imo, I’ve had tracks that have ended up with clicks and pops, distortion and pitch variations.

Myspace is still worse imo.

Heard a few glitches in my latest upload to soundcloud too. As long as my wav is all good though, I’m gonna live with it! :wink:

I’ve had a number one hit on there, it ruined it completely! Only 200 plays :crying:

[quote]seanl (21/09/2010)[hr]I’ve had a number one hit on there, it ruined it completely! Only 200 plays :crying:[/quote]

strangely enough i put a track on there and soundcloud made is sound so bad people beat me up in the street.

[quote]jon_fisher (21/09/2010)[hr][quote]seanl (21/09/2010)[hr]I’ve had a number one hit on there, it ruined it completely! Only 200 plays :crying:[/quote]

strangely enough i put a track on there and soundcloud made is sound so bad people beat me up in the street.[/quote]

Don’t lie. Everyone knows you have one of those faces that everyone just wants to punch.

It’s probably just the downsampling that they use in order for it to stream that makes it sound crap. Cutting out certain frequencies etc, same thing as with converting wav to mp3.

Its really weird tho because I know its not the sound I made.

I had a lot of distortion on my bass line for the track and it sounded fine on the wav.

I played the wav on my friends computer and it sounded fine. (so not ears or monitors…)

Soon as I upload it to sound cloud it gets ridiculously muffled and dirty sounding.

[quote]saulable (21/09/2010)[hr][quote]jon_fisher (21/09/2010)[hr][quote]seanl (21/09/2010)[hr]I’ve had a number one hit on there, it ruined it completely! Only 200 plays :crying:[/quote]

strangely enough i put a track on there and soundcloud made is sound so bad people beat me up in the street.[/quote]

Don’t lie. Everyone knows you have one of those faces that everyone just wants to punch.

[/quote]

My mum used to say that