Dorian triad formula? or the rest

Any one know the formula for this? i dont mind knowing the other triads for other scales scales to… or do they follow the same formula as major or minor triads formula ? I dont mind getting midi notes for this to get a good visual of it to put in live

any help would be great : )

not sure i understand the question but a dorian triad is the same as a regular minor triad.

dorian on C is: C - D - Eb - F - G - A - Bb - C

triad for this scale is 1, 3, 5: C - Eb - G (same as everyday minor chord).

the dorian scale is commonly used in jazz for minor chords, especially minor 7 chords (which most minor jazz chords are). i know this because i used to play jazz bass.

thx : ) Is it same with harmonic minor,mixlydian phrygian and the rest follow regular minor triad ? except the major triad.

[quote]nebulae (26/09/2012)[hr]thx : ) Is it same with harmonic minor,mixlydian phrygian and the rest follow regular minor triad ? except the major triad.[/quote]

same with harmonic minor.

mixolydian is a major scale but jazzed up by moving the 7th down a half step - so no minor triad works there.

phrygian is not a scale i use so don’t know there. i don’t think phrygian is common in dance music.

thx for the help! :slight_smile: