Drum and bass/dubstep Cubase like Nero, Chase and Status, Brookes Brothers

Chase and Status, Nero and Brookes Brothers all use Cubase.

There’s relatively few Cubase tutorials. I’d like to see drum and bass, dubstep, house and deep house for cubase.

Chase and status for example use audio to create their drum tracks and many pros do it this way. I would like a tutorial using audio to create drum and bass tracks in cubase. :slight_smile:

+1 .

+1 for any dnb at this stage…

when they say that they are using audio… in reality they are just resampling synths.

there is a cubase dubstep tutorial already… so that might help you some…

using audio sounds fatter then using midi. i do it all the time.

the trick is to take a synth resample → record into an audio track. then cut / slice.

from there you just have to organize & arrange the sounds you made out.

@united vision,no its not what u said and yes chase and status,sub focus use audio file to make their drums not midi many artist do it like that,and yes i want some solid dubstep,drum step tutorial.a decent one,and united vision i thought u like dubstep but i see that in every post that has something to do with these sorts of music u are always against it.

[quote]blazin_beaver (02/04/2011)[hr]@united vision,no its not what u said and yes chase and status,sub focus use audio file to make their drums not midi many artist do it like that,and yes i want some solid dubstep,drum step tutorial.a decent one,and united vision i thought u like dubstep but i see that in every post that has something to do with these sorts of music u are always against it.[/quote]

Hes not against it you’re just reading it all wrong…he was referring to the audio as part of a re sample library most dub step and drum & bass producers have where they re sample a bass tone or a Massline and save it for future use…Yeah arranging drums as audio or midi are the same **** to me i mix it up sometimes and use audio sometimes i use Midi

thank you subject for your explanation of my post! cause im not against making another dubstep tutorial. I hope that they DO make an ableton live dubstep tutorial. why would i NOT want them to do that?, if I like dubstep, that would be retarded on my part…

I just saw that the original topic starter was talking about using audio samples for dubstep. So I was trying to clarify a bit what they were doing when they say they are using audio. Subject cleared it up for me! You can use audio or midi for drums. Its all the same.

also you could just create the drums in midi and then bounce to audio once you have it arranged out and you are going to get the same effect!

blazin I think you are misunderstanding my posts. I obviously don’t work for SA, so I can’t magically make a tutorial show up. but I can point out that some stuff is already available for learning. I don’t care what anybody says… practice > tutorials any day of the week. it seems to me like your looking for the magic bullet from a tutorial and I’ve been on this board/website for long enough to tell you… It doesn’t exist and isnt gunna happen :wink: