Dubspot Ableton Live Producer Certificate Program

nah ofc, i was just wondering :slight_smile:

I have a certificate that says I’m amazing in bed, but the chicks don’t really buy it when I show it to them at the clubs. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think there are a few things one should “learn” when trying to learn computer music:

1. Learning the different components of a computer. It will help you understand why certain components of the computer are important and why these resources are essential to the software you use, etc.

2. Learning your way around Ableton (or desired DAW): knowing the shortcuts and how the program flows will help you with your workflow. It will help you be more productive and efficient in the studio and help you get the most out of your time in the studio.

3. Learning different “tech tips” such as the ones Phil provides in the tutorials. Alot of these tips will help you achieve the sound you’re looking for with the tools that you have. They will also help you when it comes time to experiment.

4. Music theory. A little bit of music theory goes a long way. I know plenty of producers who have never played an instrument and know nothing about music theory. Yet, they write AMAZING stuff. However, there’s no doubt that learning entry music theory will help you with basic composition, etc.

AND THAT’S KINDA IT. After that, it’s up to you to make great tunes. There’s no tutorial on this website to make you a great song writer. You either have it or you don’t. I’ve been searching for it for years. I’ve always thought, “THIS piece of gear is gonna make me write great tracks.” Ya know what, it’s an endless cycle. I do believe this website steers you in the right direction in terms of teaching you the basic formulas within each genre/sound. After that, you have to write the music.

I wish there was a LIKE button on this website for the post above me.

Great response!