Edm

Don’t give two sh*ts about weed, plus this website isn’t about illegal activities…

Please discuss elsewhere. Thanks

[quote]davidmclean (30/11/2012)[hr]Would the police even do anything?[/quote]

no!!! they would probably offer you a lighter!!

In my opinion, weed is relevant to dance music, because if you have never experienced the intense pleasure of listening to dance music whilst stoned, then i feel you have severely missed out!

Same goes for MDMA.

And just because something is classified ‘illegal’ by a government, doesn’t mean it’s ‘immoral’, not right, dirty, seedy, bad or whatever. So there’s nothing wrong with talking about it.

Like it or not, drugs go hand in hand with the whole culture of dance music and clubbing - and for very good reason in my experience! - so i think they are relevant on this site. 

If people want to talk about it here, let them.

I don’t need drugs to enjoy music.

But i am so so glad that i have experienced music whilst under the influence of certain drugs.

It’s a great educational experience and it has provided me with another angle with which to view music which can do nothing but add to my experience of music and assist me as a producer.

Not to mention the fact, that you cannot possibly empathise fully with clubbers that you are playing to, or write music for, who are under the influence of certain drugs, unless you have tried them yourself and experienced what it is like.

I used to think that you can - until i first came up properly on MDMA - then i very quickly realised that you cannot even begin to explain to someone else exactly what it is llike! It’s a very different way of experiencing music.

I am not saying that one is better than the other - just that it’s very different and there is no denying that certain drugs are an important and very influential part of dance music and clubbing culture.

Therefore it is relevant if people are discussing it on a dance music production forum!

Thanks to all your drug talk, this topic has now been moved to the OFF TOPIC section.

W**kers lol :laugh:

I have been going to nightclubs and dance parties since 1984 and that includes living in Ibiza for 7 years. I can honestly say that I have never heard of anyone ever taking drugs to listen to music, mostly its dilutey orance or coca cola, and if things get really heavy some beer.

:unsure:

I did see a DJ in Space drinking Red Bull once, but the security guy soon sorted that out.

This thread has taken on a whole new potency right now, what with the weekend’s bizarre club busts by the police:

http://www.mixmag.net/words/news/police-raids-on-london-venues

I’m wondering if we are going to see the government try and close down a load more nightclubs in London cos they don’t like what’s going on there?