Electric Bass Guitar

Real Electric Bass Guitar do you all think this would be a good buy for trance productions ? What kind of software would I need to change up the in coming signal so it sounds more like a synth then your basic bass sound ?

Bass Guitars | Musician's Friend

Looks cheep I know but if it produces bass then I don’t need anything more then that right ?

Guitars | Musician's Friend and looking into this as well

And

Drums & Percussion | Musician's Friend

Record live will be a new step for me but I want to record live drum sounds from a MIC .

sorry but I want to buy this today lets just say I won some money this week :slight_smile: black jack !!

Drums & Percussion | Musician's Friend

Can I buy a drum set that has MIDI so I can program in my own sounds with in the daw ?

EDIT

Found this

USB Out to Trigger Software MIDI Notes

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/746373-REG/Alesis_DM6_USB_EXPRESS_KIT_DM6_USB_Express_Kit.html

electric bass sound is a pretty broad thing to define.

You can have slap bass, slide bass, pluck bass, fret bass, finger bass, double tap, funky bass, rock bass, and the list goes on…

If you want to record REAL bass guitar then yah, ur gunna need a bass guitar. I have a warwick 5 string bass and I’ve been playing for almost 15 years now…

bass tone is usually defined by the AMP that you are using. If you plugin a bass to your audio interface, you are only going to get the sound that the bass produces through the pickups. To get the classic tone you are going to need amp simulators or an amp itself. You can use something like Guitar Rig to get bass amp tones. Record the bass lick into audio and then run it through Guitar Rig to get the color and sound your looking for.

Other things that also help are guitar/bass pedals & EQ/compression.

the other option is to use a synth like Spectrasonics Trillian. its sample based so it takes up a lot of space/memory, but it works really well for getting sounds without playing.

best thing for making your own drums is an AKAI MPD or MPC.

I can’t play drums, but I can easily drop my samples into the Akai and come up with some beats that will have a much more life-like feel then just drawing the notes in.

[quote]UnitedVision (08/06/2011)[hr]best thing for making your own drums is an AKAI MPD or MPC.

I can’t play drums, but I can easily drop my samples into the Akai and come up with some beats that will have a much more life-like feel then just drawing the notes in.[/quote]

I use to play Drums in high school for about 3 years . I played the piano for 14 years . And your write Drawing in drums makes them sound weak . If I can play them on the fly they would sound natural and truly would flow better . :cool: