Electro House Tutorial, Arrangement Question

Hi Guys,

I came across this site from LoopMasters and I got the ElectroHouse Tutorial and I first want to say…AMAZING! I have already learned a lot, especially new tricks that I never knew before.

I have some general questions about the arrangement that they provide for you, which by the way is SUPER HELPFUL!

I understand most of the sections but a few I wanted to get a better understanding on. Perhaps it cause I am still a newbie to all this. The sections I needed more clarification are.

-Pre Drop

-Full Drive

-Main

I am curious as to what these sections really mean? Why call it ‘PRE DROP’ and not just 'DROP? Difference between Full Drive and Main?

Any help is much appreciated.

[quote]ramangill (30/03/2011)[hr]Hi Guys,

I came across this site from LoopMasters and I got the ElectroHouse Tutorial and I first want to say…AMAZING! I have already learned a lot, especially new tricks that I never knew before.

I have some general questions about the arrangement that they provide for you, which by the way is SUPER HELPFUL!

I understand most of the sections but a few I wanted to get a better understanding on. Perhaps it cause I am still a newbie to all this. The sections I needed more clarification are.

-Pre Drop

-Full Drive

-Main

I am curious as to what these sections really mean? Why call it ‘PRE DROP’ and not just 'DROP? Difference between Full Drive and Main?

Any help is much appreciated.[/quote]

pre drop was just a few beats before the ‘drop’ / breakdown

cant remember off the top of my head the difference between the full drive and main section - but i think the main was the main riff part and the full drive was the main riff part with some extra percussion.

im pretty sure it was all explained in the videos as you progress?

[quote]bryan spence (30/03/2011)[hr]

cant remember off the top of my head the difference between the full drive and main section - but i think the main was the main riff part and the full drive was the main riff part with some extra percussion.

im pretty sure it was all explained in the videos as you progress?[/quote]

I actually went over the vids a 2nd time and no he does not explain it. My issue is in the arrangement there is no DROP…just a PRE-DROP…so you can see why I am confused. Even with the Main Drive. I assume the Full Drive has all elements playing together and Main drive is just the core of the main…I don’t know, I wish it was explained a little better.

I wish I could email the person who made the vid. I am sure its a simple explanation that I am having a hard time to grasp.

So…what is your definition of a Drop then?

[quote]ramangill (31/03/2011)[hr][quote]bryan spence (30/03/2011)[hr]

im pretty sure it was all explained in the videos as you progress?[/quote]

I actually went over the vids a 2nd time and no he does not explain it. My issue is in the arrangement there is no DROP…just a PRE-DROP…so you can see why I am confused. Even with the Main Drive. I assume the Full Drive has all elements playing together and Main drive is just the core of the main…I don’t know, I wish it was explained a little better.

I wish I could email the person who made the vid. I am sure its a simple explanation that I am having a hard time to grasp.

So…what is your definition of a Drop then?[/quote]

Hi - i actually made the videos.

there is a drop it is just called breakdown, they are the same thing.

the pre drop is just a few bars leading into the breakdown.

i just looked over the videos and it is explained as you progress through the arrangement. each part is covered and the whole track is arranged so you should (at worst) be able to hear what is going on.

[quote]bryan spence (30/03/2011)[hr]

i just looked over the videos and it is explained as you progress through the arrangement. each part is covered and the whole track is arranged so you should (at worst) be able to hear what is going on.

[/quote]

Well then, let me first say…again…AMAZING. Your video tutorial helped me a lot and several tricks I learned.

LOL, so the breakdown is the drop…ahhhh…well that makes sense now. The Pre-Drop I guess would be like an extra kick…some extra shakers, etc, etc…

So what would you say for the difference between the Main and Full Drive?

What other Vids did you make?

[quote]ramangill (01/04/2011)[hr][quote]bryan spence (30/03/2011)[hr]

[/quote]

Well then, let me first say…again…AMAZING. Your video tutorial helped me a lot and several tricks I learned.

LOL, so the breakdown is the drop…ahhhh…well that makes sense now. The Pre-Drop I guess would be like an extra kick…some extra shakers, etc, etc…

So what would you say for the difference between the Main and Full Drive?

What other Vids did you make?[/quote]

i think the full drive had extra shakers in it. & maybe an extra bass part - again if you open the project file up you can see for yourself what extra parts there are!

glitch step house was the most recent one i did - before that i think the FM synthesis and Subtractive synthesis - dubstep - progressive house cubase